Monday 15th March Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son

Morning!

Lyrics: Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son
And where have you been, my darling young one

Yesterday's were The Eurythmics with Here comes the rain again

What: hopefully a walk, possibly some gardening

Why: depends how I feel and how much rain there is
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

You wouldn't want to do any gardening here Ale - around 15cm of snow and still falling (or blowing around in a horizonal manner).   Good luck at the GP today.

Well done on your 5k Wabo.  Well below your goal time.

Nice trail running yesterday Dustin

Hope the diva didn't grumble too much about the increased activity Chicksta.  Goal is to run around my local ridge - depending on the route is likely to be 20 miles + and plenty of ups and downs so not something I will do just like that.

Well done on slotting in a run yesterday emzap.

What: short recovery + cross training snow shovelling
    Why: conditions and mileage cut back week
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    I know the lyrics I know who sings it but the title will not come to me!!! 
    Hazel have a good run! 
    Ale enjoy your walk
    My daughter has something up her sleeve for me today. I have to be in till 10 and she's going to be here all day. Not a clue what's happening but
    What 3.75 at 10!
    Why see above, it's ok she knows I have to run lol
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good Monday all, I'm not working a jot today! This is my mother's Day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oooh, sounds like a lovely surprise, wabo 😊 enjoy

Hazel: makes sense to prepare for such an adventure. Snow ❄😳 ??
    Sounds almost surreal after just coming back from the beach ⛱

Ale: Hope you feel better.

The diva was rewarded with another beach walk today and boy did she like it 😊 I figured it would be fair after she behaved well yesterday. So today will see another 10k steps on the Garmin 🦾 👣
  • Sounds promising Chick
    Ale...hope you got out...and no to lyrics!
    Hazel sounds a good if adventurous route in the making.
    Woke today to find we are grandparents to Ellie Rose! Both longing to see her but all is well despite v long labour!
    A wee run slotted in this afternoon....otherwise just feeling v pleased but a bit emotional!!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Congratulations to the proud grandparents, Els and OH! And daughter and son-in-law of course! Hope all is well! An Ides of March baby! This once was the start of the new year and cause for celebration!

Sounds an interesting run, Hazel, but you could do without the snow!

Hope you had a great day, Wabo!

Well done on the 10,000 steps, Chick. I won't quite match you but 9000+ is the highest for over five weeks, thanks to two trips to the GP (new phone system wasn't working so had to make appointment in person). This afternoon gave an armful of blood, had a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted and saw the GP. She is referring me to an immunologist, not least to discuss the viability of having the second vaccine jab. 

Tomorrow am seeing the oncologist post prostate treatment; GP has written to him to see if he can shed any light on the current problems. 

Dry but windy in the main, today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • As you have heard, woke to some great news this morning  :)

Scapa loop group run this evening, taken slightly more sedately this week, but significantly sore during second half with pace dropping accordingly.
    Joinery in summerhouse before that and collecting more plywood sheets from Jewson's.
    Hard not to see new granddaughter.
    Rest? Well there'll not be much running in next two weeks.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Huge Congratulations OH & Els - magnificent news!
    Wabo - exciting...tell us more
    Hazel - enjoy the easy day
    chick - all sounds good
    Ale - hoping for answers tomorrow 

what - 4 easy trail & QoP
    why - recovery and torture
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - the weekend
    lyric - think so