Monday 22nd March 2021 I didn't want to do it,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics:  I didn't want to do it,  I didn't want to do it

What: some walking, some gardening...I hope

Why: got to take my laptop into the office to be fixed; hopefully ok for some gardening after that. 

Grey and cold here. 

The lyrics continue Wabo's recent theme.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Glad to see you back ok Chicksta.  Fingers crossed you are only in self-isolation until Friday.  More laps of the garden until then I guess.

Sounds good Ale. 

Interesting that the riders have to pay to use the bridle paths Wabo.  I would be for introducing a horse tax and a lot more seperation of riding and other path usage - there are simply too many horses around here and they wreck the paths in wet weather.  There is a dog tax here (pays for the dog poo bins) so why no horse tax.  Enjoy that new phone.

Nice destructive gardening Dustin.

Have a good start to the week.

What: few miles - hopefully with a few short hills and strides
    Why: depends on achy bits by the time I go out - legs are ok but both shoulders are pretty sore - bashed one and fall impact (elbow?) on the other has given me DOMS.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi all
    Yesterday's lyrics were I'm not in love 10cc
    What 2.5
    Why run the sum
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12
    Hazel hope your run was good, I don't know lyrics either, oh silly course I do 😆
    Ale hope walk and garden goes well
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - I love the idea of a dog tax...
    Wabo - new phone sounds good, is it just me that thought of you as a bit "Dom Joly" like when you said it was "big"

QI some quite interesting facts about telephones

What - 6 easy trails
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - the weekend
    lyric - I believe I do...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    🤣🤣🤣 Dustin

Ale: hope things are still improving at your end. Pretty cold here too but I guess I'm still spoiled by La Palma.

The day after a fall is usually the worst, Hazel.

Nice birthday gift, wabo. I like my phones getting bigger with advancing age and deteriorating eye sight 😆

A 5 hour work seminar today on my day off. Yawn ... But it was mandatory and I get the time credited as overtime. I really need fresh air after that. Boy, am I glad that I don't live in a tiny flat in town. Neighbours know I'm nuts so they didn't even ask why I was walking up and down the driveway for an more than an hour 😉

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sun actually came out this pm just in time for my gardening. And some how I have managed to do over 11,000 steps. But not up and down my drive, Chick! Most of them were probably getting lost in the town hall this morning as I tried to get my laptop sorted. Unsuccessfully. Going back in tomorrow. 

Hope all is well in Orkney: not heard from Els in particular for a few days, and I dare say OH is busy jabbing away!

Did the aches and pains ease off during your run, Hazel? Not long until your anniversary, I note!

And remind me to get my eyes checked! Hope my headaches are not eye sight related. Don't think that they are. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.