Tuesday 23rd march - And I don't know if I'm being foolish

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Lyrics - And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
Morning all
I'm struggling this week with the lockdown, not sure why exactly. Ohs mum is terrible though. Really depressed 🙁
Chick that's a long seminar!! 
Hazel hope you're not too sore today
Ale, that's a lot of steps! 
What 5k
Why run the sum
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12
My alarm on my old phone just went off and I thought it was the neighbours lol! Just found it in the drawer
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were You made me love you, notably by Al Jolson.

What: hopefully some more steps

Why: not ready to run

Off to try and get work laptop sorted... again.

Enjoy the 5k Wabo.

Just been reading about lockdown: in the north west over the past year there have only been 25 days without restrictions. Surprised more people aren't depressed! That's a lot of days not going to the gym or the alehouse!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Quiet again today - was also wondering about Els and OH - hope all is okay.

Hard to believe this thing has been going on for a year now.  Looks like we are at the outset of a third wave here - planned lifting of restrictions has been postponed for now and vaccinations just aren't getting anywhere.

Hope that your laptop gets sorted soon Ale. 

Neighbours also think I am a bit nuts as well chicksta when I run past for the nth time.  5 hour seminar sounds like hard work indeed.

Achy bits are getting better in the meantime.

What: group this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Yes, a bit quiet here again!
    Ale - hope you get the laptop sorted
    Chick - rather you than me with the seminar
    Wabo - doesn't sound good with OH's mother...sending positive thoughts
    Hazel - enjoy the group run. Been told the track reopens on Monday, training can resume too! Every run this year bar 2 has been solo...can't wait to train.

What - 30 minutes S&C earlier, short hills later
    why - stretching the legs
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - today probably
    lyric - yes
  • Sorry folks, was a bit AWOL .
    We're all good, getting lots of baby pics and Peter had been busy vaccinating but they've run short of vaccine so he's done for now, may be more work in the future.
    Hazel - 3rd wave doesn't sound good. At least here some of the most vulnerable should be relatively protected now, hope vaccination gets moving with you and Chick.
    Chick - glad it was a good holiday!
    Seems that we are allowed officially to visit baby to offer support so that's good, though they are doing pretty well so far! Not so much hope of seeing our other offspring, it really does seem a bit endless at times.
    Wabo - hope OH's mother OK.
    Dustin - tough training!
    Ale perhaps we will have to rename you NO Alehouse for the time being!
    Good morning out with friend, a new route over the hills and back again including 2 miles of trackless heathery bog both ways. Lovely run but tough on the legs! 17m covered. Then came home to a garden visitor so rather cold now! 
    Lyrics - yes!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Els: That's good news re. the baby! Can you go and see them over Easter? Nice 17 miler :)

Dustin: You remind me to get back into my s&c routine.

Hazel: Your situation sounds pretty similar to ours. I would have thought the Swiss would do this better. We were just told there'll be a 5 day complete lockdown over Easter. So last time to shop for groceries will be March 31 and then the shops open again on the Tuesday after Easter. That'll cause mayhem. 

Nice step count there, Ale. Hope they fixed your laptop today. 

Wabo: It's normal to struggle with the whole situation. Had to laugh at the phone alarm going off :D 

So, another 10k + steps done. 3 more days. I hope I will get the (negative) result on Saturday. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Good to see you, Els! 17 miles! And good news if you can go and give (grand)child care. Hope it is soon. 

Laptop fixed...eventually. Worked in the office of course but not remotely although in the end it was remotely fixed by some power of modern technology. 

Hope the group run happened, Hazel!

I need to join you in getting back to some sort of S&C routine, Chick. In fact a routine of any sort! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Completed Appraisal preparation and submitted.
    More interior work in summerhouse.
    Needing to get things done and out of way.
    Early "demob" from vaccinator work meantime
    Lyrics No