• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's lyrics, love is in the air by John Paul young
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

Enjoy the 6k Wabo!

What: walk/gardening, perhaps
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Glad to see Orkney check in yesterday.  Great news regarding the baby Els and a great long run too.  Hope some more vaccine turns up soon so you can get back to work OH.

Running could help against the black dog Wabo but don't put yourself under pressure to do xyz too much as it can backfire (been there, done that..)

Good news regarding the track Dustin.  I have been lucky that I have been able to run in small groups at least. 

The Swiss have one of the most expensive health systems in the world Chicksta - doesn't seem to help much at the moment.  As in Germany we have a federal system and each little canton wants to do its own rules and systems.. I read about the Easter lockdown - supermarkets will be chaos.  Do you have any gardening to do to keep you happy until the weekend?  Wave isn't significant yet - hospitalisations and deaths are pretty stable but cases are rising again (in part due to mass testing in schools).

Good news about the laptop Ale - one less thing to sort out.  Group run did happen yesterday - four of us with a new guy - a regular bought along his son for the first time.  Have a nice potter in the garden / walk.

What: speedwork of some sort - will have another go at 4 @ LTish probably
    Why: keeping up the fast stuff
    Last hard: hill race series was preparing to go as of April with basically a time trial format which would have been something at least but they have had to drop it again.  All sorts of (non-running) events well into the summer are being cancelled again.  No hopes of much at all again for this year. 
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning, spring sunshine today! Just when I really need an easy running day!
    And lots of domestic things to do too!
    Are you seeing steady improvement now Ale?
    Lyrics no1
    Have a good day running/gardening folks!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Luckily the silly Easter Lockdown idea was withdrawn today. Phew. I was picturing civil war like chaos ...

Hazel: Great your group run went ahead. Anything for a little bit of normality :)  shame about the race series being cancelled but I guess it was to be expected. 

Hope you're winning the fight against the black dog, wabo.

How are things today, Ale?

More silly up and down the driveway for me today. I'm at 9921 steps so the 10k steps is a given. I've set myself this little challenge. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya 
    wabo - hope you out ran the black dog today
    chick - well done on the driveway routine, I couldn’t do that.
    hazel - good luck with the LT but bad news about the hill series 
    Ale - hope you got something done outdoors 
    els - did you make inroads with the chores? 

What - 7 easy
    why - recovery 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - don’t think so 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Was in a rush this morning hence the short post: had to log on to work at 8 to check that the laptop was working remotely, and it was. 

Felt really good on Sunday and Monday...then yesterday and this morning felt rough with the back of my head aching and getting a tingly sensation. Have had a slight headache for six weeks but this was different, although it may be down to too much screen time without a break. Overall there has been a gradual improvement. Will see what the MRI shows, whenever that happens. 

Glad you got a group run, Hazel

Hope that you ran the sum, Wabo, and you were able to take advantage of the spring sunshine, Els. And OH!

Training seems to be going well, Dustin and it should go up another level when track resumes. 

Yes, I saw the u-turn on the Easter closures, Chick. Does suggest that there will closures to come soon, I guess. Only 8,700 here so far. Short walk and some gardening. Am replacing a fence that was covered in ivy. Hard work so a little and often.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • By time I got out it was cold and raining Ale...still a little one done!
    That's dedication chick...or insanity!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick that's amazing all those steps! Glad the Easter u turn happened
    I did get out and ran the sum. Bumped into a run club mate doing his gardening job. Long chat. That helps.  I'm ok but the feeling lingers.
    Alehouse sorry to hear your head still bad. 
    Dustin nice training!
    I'm awake now but been falling asleep all evening on the sofa. This has happened all week, oh says it's because I feel down. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can