Sunday 28th March 2021 Started my life in a old, cold run down tenement slum

Morning!

Lyrics:  Started my life in a old, cold  run down tenement slum

The next in a theme!

Yesterday's were The Beatles, From Me To You

What: perhaps a short Pilates session

Why: it is pouring. Managed my first short Pilates session since Feb 4th yesterday, so must be getting better! 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I think I know the theme, I know I know the lyrics! 
    Morning
    Alehouse wow yea that's some gardening to be done
    Els flip considering what you've had your running is amazing! Loved the photos
    What off for 4 mile Forest run with oh
    Why Sunday
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Still on your theme, Wabo! Enjoy the forest! Is it not 10k today if it is run the sum?
    Ivy has almost gone! Have been doing it since Christmas! A little and often.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I realised the theme was same when the title came to me, I sat singing it under my breath in the car and oh looked at me and said, what are you doing?? 
    4 miles of rugged hilly dark woods! D&d it was lovely, we spotted a deer up ahead
    Just lovely
    Yes 10k will be done. I'm trotting round to my daughter's for a quick visit then back which brings me to 10k
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just to clear that up, I initially thought it was a different song
  • Wabo - good going getting out twice!
    Lyrics, no again. 
    Getting some indoor things done this morning but it's sunny so maybe a short run later - legs bit tired! Such a lovely coastal run that one!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yay to getting better, ale 😊

Nice to get out twice, wabo. I always sing along in the car. Loudly. And mostly off key 😜

No wonder you're legs are tired, Els.

5.5 miles walked briskly this morning. Tried to get my HR into zone 2 but can't do that walking. Anyway, I worked up a sweat, so all good.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hiya
    Els - great run yesterday and lovely photos too
    Chick - Yay, freedom!
    Ale - wow, that's a lot of ivy to hack back, good luck! Hope you survived the pilates.
    Wabo - baton relay sounds good, as does today's woods run.
    Chick - must've been nice to get out today

what - 16 miles on the trails
    why - remembering what a long run is
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday in the end. Started off with a HiiT session for runners, led by one of my coaching buddies. 
    Then did 3 hours in the garden taking down the kids double swing and digging out the concrete bases. Been up for about 18 years, I think at 23 & 19 they are a bit old for it...Sold it's removal by offering to replace it with a hanging basket/hammock type thing (which to be fair their father was quite happy about  ;)  )
    Oh and then 5 mile run to see if the legs still function (they didn't) 

lyric - yes indeed

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Back from daughter so 10k done
    Dustin the hammock thingy sounds great
    Chick glad to hear you worked up a sweat!