alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Training
Morning!

Late start!

Lyrics: Well, if friends with their fancy persuasion
Don't admit that it's part of a scheme

Lyrics are not part of a theme. 

What: perhaps a walk plus short stretching session

Why: current problem stopping me doing much. Has been going on too long.

Yesterday's lyrics were Love Child, Diana Ross and The Supremes
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

I've been lazy re. posting over the weekend..

Great to see that Chicksta has her freedom again.

Lovely coastline run and pics Els.  well done.

Hope your neighbour is recovering well Ale.  That ivy looked tough indeed.  Good news on the pilates.

You sound a bit brighter Wabo.

Well done on the long run Dustin.  You could have done with the hammock being in place after that.

What: 5 miles not too hard
    Why: decent weekend of running behind me
    Last hard: getting up this morning - head was sure it was an hour too early
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    theme or not I seem to be switched on to your lyrics alehouse....
    alehouse hope all is good today
    Hazel Hope your 5 miles was good

Well I am ok, but does anyone else get this? I want to do 6.8 miles today so I map out a course and I stand around indoors picturing it and I just don't feel able to.  SO I decided I will just run round my home loop (about 1.5 miles no road crossing) 4 times or something.  So I set off and on the second loop I finally feel like I can run up that road, over this road, across here etc etc and so I managed 5.8.  Got a mile to do. I have no idea what made me feel like that but I guess it is all part of being home alone again and nobody to run with.  I need to get out with others!!

What: 5.8 so far
    why: run the sum 
    last hard: that really was
    last rest: 31/12

I don't feel too bad now but it just still looms over me all the time at the moment

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Ale - you must be really fed up by now!
    Good running Hazel! And walking Chick!
    Wabo - know the feeling, I could only motivate myself to do a minimal run yesterday, legs really weary. Definitely easier in company.
    Today was only 5.6 miles but boy what a tough wind, we did a loop which meant it was on our backs as much as possible but still a fight! That'll have to do.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Afternoon!

Look on the positive side, Wabo! You have done quite a lot lately: if I am correct the past seven days of run the minimum sum is 56k, which you should be delighted with! 

So today will complete one year of running every day, Hazel! Well done!

5.6 miles sounds plenty, Els, after your long run! 

Windy here, but probably no of Els's proportions. 

What: a short walk and then a very slow 1k run, with one brief stop

Why: testing the waters and the stop was because I have forgotten how to tie laces. Whilst slow, my legs were like jelly, which is perhaps not a surprise after 54 days off. And generally didn't feel quite right so will almost certainly be leaving it a few days before any more running.

Re lyrics, recently we have had two "themes", rain and love! What do people think about themes? 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Still a promising start Ale! Good stuff....jelly legs to be expected.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    At least you tried, Ale. Not surprised your legs aren't up to much yet. Are you generally feeling better then?
    I like the idea of weekly themes 👍🏻

Well done, wabo. I think that's best strategy if you get overwhelmed. I do that also when I have a hard session (well, I used to when I still did sessions...) - talking myself to hang on until I count to 100, then up to that tree or lamp-post and so on. But yeah, I miss people too 😢 especially my Saturday parkrun crew.

Sounds tough, Els.

Nice bit of DIY, Dustin. Hammock sounds great.

Hazel: struggling with the clock change too. I wish they would stop this nonsense.

Another 5.5 mile walk done. Lovely sunny day 🌞😎

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - sounds positive, I think I had your legs today (see below). Themes are good, gives me a fighting chance of getting the words!
    Hazel - good work on the 1y
    Wabo - sounds good. I have "options" on my routes - go that way it's 2 miles, go this way it's 3...sometimes I force myself into the longer one. I have to admit I tend to put them in earlier, by late in the run it's "go home, direct route"
    Chick - sounds a good walk
    Els - nice miles!

What - lunchtime run at the common
    why - recovery, loop recce for training session
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - I should say yesterday's 16, but today's 5 felt tough going even if I was plodding.
    It's quite an up and down route but even so...

lyric - not sure I do
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Blimey alehouse that's a lot of miles you're right, I love the theme thing
    Dustin good running even so! 
    Chick nice walking, glad it's not just me with the routes
    Els good going, know what you mean about tired legs
    Alehouse excited to see you did a run
    Hazel happy one year of running!!
    I did the sum, popped another mile in later
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    1.07  to be exact