Wednesday 31st March 2021...to be in your shoes

Morning!

Lyrics: ...to be in your shoes
Even if it was for just one day

Yesterday's were "I'm never giving up", Sweet Dreams. Thought it was appropriate! This was the UK's Eurovision entry in 1983 where they finished 6th; that was devastating at the time but would be considered a triumph these days. 

What: gardening, stretches, a walk? 

Why: not at my best yet. MRI scan on head this pm. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse oh yes to be 6th!!
    Todays are familiar but not getting them yet. Hope MRI goes well

What: 2.5 ish miles
    why: last day rts although I may follow it loosely next month
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Good luck with the MRI Ale.  Good news regarding the eyesight unless it means forking out for new contacts, glasses etc.

Doing some sort of challenge can help to get you out of the door Wabo.

Sorry to hear Lucas isn't well emzap.  Hope you got in some sleep in the meantime.

Good news on the foot chicksta.  Good luck for the check-up today.  3 months is a while still - plenty of walking and exercices I guess.  Later a few sneaky jog-walks maybe?

Hope you had a good time with the club Dustin.  I guess that session wasn't done at a nice easy pace then.

What: around 8 miles GA with hill sprints and strides
    Why:  miles and leg strength
    Last hard: cycling back up the hill post-run yesterday evening (+250m) - OH didn't get back in time with the car from shopping and I was too late to get out the moped (digging it out of the garage and applying protective clothing takes time).  Was a lovely evening for it in the last bit of light so actually quite nice.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: arrggh - it won't out..
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - good luck today with the MRI and enjoy the gardening & walking
    Wabo - well done on the Q1 streak!
    Few comments yesterday about resuming activities, my spin is this:
    Training has resumed under "covid safe" measures. We have to do risk assessments and have a booking system. We also have to follow guidance of athlete: coach ratio of 12:1 
    We have been doing split sessions to stop grouping, so yesterday there was a 10am, 5:30pm and a 6:30pm the latter two at different venues. That meant we didn't have 40+ people in one place at the same time. 
    As for competition, we're holding another day meet on May 1st, limiting races to one per person so they come in, race and leave, so no hanging about between events.
    The league matches will be a little harder to manage but given there are 4- 6 clubs. we're planning on allocating a section of perimeter per club, and access to the arena is for competing athletes only, all with one way, sanitizers etc.
    Our Summer Half/Full trail race is expected to go ahead. Luckily we have a massive area of land available (top of Watership Down) for start & finish and as it is a 13.1 or 26.2 big loop even with mass starts after 2-3 miles you're pretty much in smaller groups of <6 anyway. The fall back is staggered starts.
    Road races a bit harder hit, our village 10 miler (usually May) cancelled again. 

What - hour easy
    why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday. Training set of 400 effort/400 steady/300 effort/300 steady/200 effort/200 steady/100 effort/100 steady x 3 (2 mins recovery)
    Good to be back running with people and a little bit faster than normal.
    lyric - think so

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 1.02k slowly run. 

Why: the 0.02 is currently important! As is every metre run! Wouldn't it be good to do a bit more though! 

Enjoy your runs today, everyone!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lucas a bit better and well enough for nursery.  

What: just a walk to pick him up
    Why: the last few days have knocked it out of me
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: familiar...

Hazel oh no but good cool down maybe?
    Wabo you're on a good new streak!
    Ale hope MRI goes well
    Dustin hope you're not hurting too much from club!

Have a great day all, enjoy the last day of warmth!
  • Emz - croup is horrible, hope it's on the mend now! And not good getting no sleep!
    Ale - Hope MRI head goes smoothly, I found it wierd but OK.
    Hazel and Wabo, amazing streaking.  
    Getting excited about going off on tonight's boat to see baby (officially to support parents!). Doing some baking this morning although daughter seems to be back to her usual cake making levels!
    Not much warmth here, so wet on the trails, having been relatively dry, I saw a huge clump of frogspawn on the cliff path yesterday!
    Lyrics - nope!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

That's great news, Els (and I imagine OH!). I'm sure that the parents need lots of support, officially! 

Beautiful day here: probably around 20 degrees and a hazy sky. Perfect for gardening, although I have done enough for now. 

Bath, food, hospital! Actually had a MRI on my head only in the autumn when they were ruling out the spread of cancer. 
  • Tatties in.  :)
    Off on boat tonight ...
    May do something this afternoon if I'm organised.
    Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great step count yesterday, Ale. And hope the MRI is conclusive this time around. Strange about another set of bloods being neccessary.

I am not getting involved in any kind of discussion on Eurovision rankings :D  Germany sucks. Period.

Wow, that's exciting, Els and OH. Enjoy the trip. I bet it's an emotional family reunion.

Sorry to hear that, Emzap. Hope everyone is on the mend now. 

I've started to throw in a few joggy steps already, Hazel  :#  you seem to know me rather well. I also tried to talk my consultant out of the 6 months but he said it's non-negotiable. The bone just needs that time to heal. But a few bouncy steps now and again won't hurt, I'm sure. I've done it on the other foot and had no ill-effects there :)

Other than that he said it all looks as it's supposed to and as I have no pain anymore he can close is patient file.

Phew Dustin, that's a lot of regulations to comply with. I'm glad I'm no coach. Mind you, we're miles away from lifting restrictions. Au contraire, as the French say. Curfew in place now between 9pm and 6am. 

So, a 5k brisk walk first thing. Then doctor. Then work. A lot of running around at work - my step count right now is 12777 :)   Off to drop some documents at my boss' house now.

Have a lovely evening, all.

Ah, and yes to lyrcis. 
  • Eurovision sucks. Period. ;)