2nd April - Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Early start
Lyrics -Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen
Tonight we'll put all other things aside

I've realised tonight that I must register Lyla for park run, she can't wait and nor can I!
Didn't say but I knew yesterday's lyrics
Chick you made me chuckle about the yoga and the doc
Dustin indeed q1 ticked! Hope the training went well
What 3-4 off road wonderful forest run with oh
Why he's got new shoes! 
Last hard treadmill
Last rest 31/12
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

You sound very excited, Wabo!

Yesterday's lyrics were The Joker, Steve Miller Band.

What: perhaps a short run

Why: seeing if I am ready to get back in the habit
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ooh I am excited about junior park run and your run ale
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely off road run with oh. Really deep parts of the forest
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Afternoon!

Sounds a pleasant run, Wabo! Is it fairly dry in the forest at present?

What: 2k, largely off road

Why: I could, but although I ran slowly my heart rate was very high which suggests that everything is not quite right. Nor does my head feel as if it is quite right either. Some of the problem is down to just over 8 weeks of no running, but I don't think that the high rate/slow speed is entirely down to that. 

Have spent the rest of the day with my 97 year old neighbour who was discharged at noon. About 80 minutes later some carers turned up to discuss a care package that will start this evening. They will come three times a day, but I suspect that won't be enough.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon indeed

Good idea regarding parkrun Wabo - is there a minimum age for it?  Great you had a nice run with OH - did he get the new shoes mucky?  Well done on the continuing streak.

Good news your neighbour made it home again Ale.  Hope the care package works out for her.  Can anyone else help out with the night emergency callouts if you are also not well?  Good news too on your run - twice as far as a few days ago already.

Training good yesterday Dustin?

Good luck with the yoga Chicksta.  

What: 8k recovery / 34 miles on the bike
    Why: easy after a hilly MLR yesterday - out and about as today is a bank holiday and still decent weather.
    Last hard: yesterday's MLR - legs were a bit trashed from running too hard on Wednesday - serves me right. Much better today though
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: vaguely familiar

• No running today but 2 baby walks, one with her parents and once without.
    Lyrics sound familiar but no.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    😍😍😍 Els/OH
    Such lovely pics.

Ale: Glad your neighbour made it home. Did she not have family to help support her? Really hope you get some answers regarding your head/heart.

Jealous of your good weather,  Hazel. We went from 25 degrees to 5 🥶
    In a way I'm a bit relieved because it keeps the masses away.

Glad you had a good run with your oh, wabo.

I walked 5.5 miles with mine and did Adriene's 2021 yoga challenge day 1. I have to adapt some poses - can't do plank, lunges or downward dog but half-plank, low lunge and puppy posture work. I miss running badly right now ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Happy pics, Els/OH!

Weather strange here, also, Chick: Wednesday was 22, yesterday 11 and today was supposed ot be cooler...but wasn't! Snow forecast for Monday and a low of -4! Will have to see what happens! Good work with Adrienne although I now realise what you can't do and why! Good walking too! I have clocked up over 10,000 steps again. 

My neighbour has no relatives to speak of apart from a couple of great nieces or nephews 200 miles away. She does have a family friend who had power of attorney for her but he lives two hours away and is in his mid-70s!
    I am going to organise a rota of friends and neighbours that can visit or phone. I am not doing it all!