edited April 2021 in Training
Lyrics - If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talking to

Morning all
What 2 miles no more
Why still having an easier week
Last hard yesterday morning albeit a lovely run
Last rest 31/12

I said to oh that the run we did yesterday felt like a whole different genre of running. You have to pick your feet up, watch the ground ahead, weave and jump. Take little steps through all the tree roots and leaves! It's like an all over workout! Then we came home and worked all day on the garden shattered I was! 
We've laid sand, membrane and the pea shingle down the back only to then realise the cats will think it's a giant litter tray 😖
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's lyrics
    I'm so excited by the pointer sisters
    Ale glad you did run but obviously not that you're not  right. Worrying for you neighbour, definitely get others on board
    Hazel, I think you asked, park run min age is 4 which Lyla turned last July and had been so long forward to!!
    Oh and els what precious photos! So happy for you
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

Sounds fun running yesterday, Wabo

What: may run later

Why: still got a headache. Quite bad this morning. Hoping for some gardening but it is only 2 degrees at present. Need to get back into my stretching routine.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Forest was dry yesterday and oh couldn't bring himself to wear his new shoes
    Unlike me, new road shoes on now
  • Ellie still asleep (9am).
    Last nice day before forecast cold snap.
    Hope to get longer walk in (3 generations)
    Lyrics no

Hope headache settles AH
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Not good that your head is pretty bad today ale - hope it eases
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    As of tomorrow I will have had the headache for 8 weeks now! Getting fed up with it! A constant dull ache at the back. Should get MRI results this week.
    Just been in the garden: too cold to do anything yet!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

sorry to hear about the head ache issues Ale

yes I am still alive, sorry its rare for me to post on here now as mainly use fetch to record my training and the odd forums there. I will try and pop in here and there, but wont really be a regular, sorry. My MS is progressing and get good and bad days, have been shielding for the last three months and due back to work a week Monday, which I am looking forwards to. Training is up and down as depends on my fatigue levels.

But a big shout out and thank you to you all for your support over the many, many years (think I have been on the thread here for 15 years or so).

Hope you are all safe, take care and Happy Easter.... HE IS RISEN <><
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - hopefully the MRI may give an indication with the headaches?
    Good work with the 2k yesterday and like you I'm thinking about gardening but it's definitely nippy out there.
    OH/Els - wonderful pictures, you must be elated 
    Wabo - oh , junior park run! exciting times...
    Hazel - don't go too mad, and yes, U11 coaching was great - lovely to see the little rascals again!

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday (9 easy road/trails miles)
    Today - track! 4x200 (45s), 6x300 (60s), 4x200 (45s) 2 1/2 mins between each block. just over 7m incl w/u & c/d
    why - seeing if I have any speed left
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was. Breakfast almost reappeared after the 5th 300.
    Splits off where I'd like them but tbh they were better than I feared (ave 41 on the 200s, 63 on the 300s)
    lyric - yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you, RFJ! 

What: 13 minutes running

Why: enough. Ran on harder surfaces and the legs weren't as happy as yesterday. At least I ran. Hopefully stretches later. 

4 degrees when I ran, well wrapped up. 6 degrees now but a very cold wind. Still not sure about gardening.

Sounds a tough track session, Dustin!

Enjoy your day, Els/OH!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see you posting rfj, I'm on fetch as well but rarely go on forums. Nice to have you pop in glad you're doing ok
    Dustin blimey breakfast coming up sounds like a session
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Good to see you, RFJ. Sorry the MS is progressing. Please pop in from time to time?

Nice speedwork, Dustin. Splits sound great. Vom territory not so ;)

Very cold here too, Ale. Good you ran. 8 weeks with a headache is horrible :(
    Yeah, all those toe bendy poses are off as my big toes no longer bend :) But it's a massive relief to have two joints that are 100% pain free. And by surgical magic they are in exactly the right angle to allow a powerful toe-off when walking and running, not that I'm doing much of the latter. But I will.

Nice bit of garden work, wabo.

5.5 miles walked, quite a bit faster than the last few times and Yoga Day 2.

Happy Easter 🐣

• Evening

Should I send my cats over to test the garden Wabo? Ideal sounding run that, can be much more fun than left-right, left-right on tarmac for ages.

Do you take anything gor the headache if it is bad Ale? Gardening postponed? Pleased you did another run.

Great to see you pop in RFJ.

Tough track session Dustin. Glad the breakfast stayed put.

Enjoy the yoga Chicksta. Good walking.

Lovely pics Els and OH. Enjoy!

Happy Easter.

Spring postponed next week, max -2 forecasted on Tuesday and maybe some snow..

What: 14k local in the woods to get out of the wind. Dismantling garden bits at old flat so vigorous soil moving.
    Why: needs to be done
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no