Monday 5th April - oh short on money

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Oh, short on money but long on time
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine

I've got a race today!!! 5k see some club mates I'm really looking forward to it
What above
Why I entered
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12

It's not till 1.50, waves of 12 and only my club will run at that time
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just going to post some lyrics that I know! No sunshine here: sleet and snow at present!

Dustin: little sun here yesterday. Largely cold and windy. Is your youngest up here to experience it?

Yesterday's lyrics were Oh Happy Day, Edwin Hawkin Singers. Keep hearing it on an advert. 

Go well in the race, Wabo! Will seem strange! 

What: another short run

Why: any running is short and easy at the moment. 1.8k yesterday, well wrapped up whilst Dustin sunbathed at the other end of the country!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - good luck with the 5k
    Ale - don’t worry it’s overcast an about 5c today! Youngest came back for a couple of weeks just before Easter.

what - short and easy 
    why - recovery 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - weekend track & lsr 
    lyric - think it’s a “no”
  • Morning,

Wabo: A Race you lucky girl!! enjoy and I shall so look forward to race report!

Ale:Good news on your progress with your run's.

Dustin: Enjoy your short and easy.

What 5.35 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: fatigue
    Lyrics:Nope

No snow we had rain,2 degrees and now the sun is out.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you, WP!

What: a gentle 2.5k or so

Why: rebuilding slowly and carefully. 

6 degrees and sunny...with a bitterly cold wind making it feel much cooler.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Afternoon

Oooh a race! Nice detailed report please Wabo and a late good luck. You must be just setting off.

Keep that cold stuff further north please. Windy and 13 degrees at the moment but should change this evening.

Does sound like progress Ale. Two days in a row and a longer distance.

Good to see you here again WP.

Short and easy sounds good Dustin.

What: 26k LR with 13 errm too fast
    Why: sort of P&D, no idea what MP might be at the moment.
    Last hard: pacing that
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a successful run, Hazel. You've put in a lot of very good and consistent training, so I wouldn't be surprised if your MP has come down quite a bit.

Good you were able to run again, Ale. We seem to have similar weather. 2 degrees here though, super windy and sleet/snow showers every 45 mins. Brrrr.

Hello to poppy. Good to see you.

Hope your race was fun, wabo.

I guess an easy run was much needed, Dustin.

I really needed to kick myself out the door today. The sleet want very inviting and the and nearly blew me backwards. A chilly hour outside. Brrrr. But I'm sticking to my challenge, so all good.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi!

Sorry, had a tough week, not much sleep and still a slightly poorly baby so been concentrating on that.

What: club tonight
    Why: I'm allowed and hoping it doesn't get booted by another A&E trip (not any reason to be!)
    Lyrics: nope

Did 7 miles over trails yesterday with the Sunday trail club, was lovely and I was able to keep up!

OH and Els, what gorgeous pictures, you must be so happy you are able to visit.

Ale we are still Eurovision fans (for the record, we don't like the songs etc but we always have a party and find it all quite comical).

Gone from sitting in the garden yesterday to freezing, snow and hail this morning and bright sunshine now but freezing wind!

Have a lovely bank holiday all.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Phew 8km done with 4x2min. Also doing a 30 day challenge. Today did 50 squats, 20 sec plank, 5 pressups and 25 crunchies.  Those build up over the month so let's see how far I get...I ache now
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

Well done Emz on both yesterday's run and this evening. I could do with something like that challenge to motivate me! Not doing very well with S&C at present!

Wonder how Wabo got on.