Tuesday 6th April This evening has been...

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Training
Lyrics This evening has been (Been hoping that you'd drop in)
So very nice (I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)

Race report, typical I picked my mate Sacha up and we both said, so nervous, don't want to do this!!!! Lol.
The set up was Eton manor and 2 other clubs setting off in waves from 1.50. I was told that the race secretary estimated me at 29 mins and Sacha at 30! I was thinking more like 33 due to hills. So I set off and as soon as I hit the hill I felt awful, setting off with people faster than me maybe? Sacha and lots who set off 10 secs behind me overtook straight away. The course is two and half Laps so on the first I felt pretty rough. Got up the hill the second time lots better. I started to reel people in on this second lap. On one of the straights I saw I was closing down on Sacha so I thought, go for it!! Feeling strong and with maybe .75 of a mile to go, I passed her and she said 'i knew it' I replied you'll catch me on the hill no doubt! So third time up the hill and now on the half lap. She didn't catch me I really worked hard!  Then you do a downhill on a bend, final push up the next hill and how lovely they changed the course to finish on a downhill!! My time 29.40 plus a lap pb. Sacha's time 30.07. we were both very pleased! Mates but we do compete against each other. She's about 17 years younger than me so I'm happy 

What 3.7 easy miles
Why RTS
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12
I'll catch up now
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap sorry to hear Lucas has been poorly
    Hazel nice long run! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no. Was just setting some! 

Enjoyed the report, Wabo! And glad you were pleased with the result!

Talking of results, I get my MRI scan results later.

What: hopefully another short run plus stretches

Why: rebuilding slowly
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow emzap that's some challenge!! 
    That poor boy who's been found in a pond in Epping forest, my oh just drive past the car park where we run from and the pond we run by and walked round in Friday, that's where he was found - poor kid. So sad. He would have been in there when we walked round it. 😢 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Sorry yesterday's lyrics new shoes by Paolo nutini

• Morning

Strange feeling to be beginning the working week on Tuesday this time.  Dusting of snow this morning but lovely sunny weather and no wind at the moment.

Well done for getting out yesterday despite the weather chicksta.

Good running and cross-training despite the poorly baby emzap.

Great racing and report Wabo!  Like the way you got stronger during the race and congratulations for beating your mate.   Not nice news regarding the kid in the pond.

Fingers crossed for the MRI results today Ale.

What: group this evening?
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel know what you mean about Tuesday, I am currently pretty busy.  So I will change my plans now for today

what: track this evening for a promised easy sesh
    why: its back and I would rather run with others as I am running late
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12
    enjoy t he group hazel as will I!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse hope the results are good, I must stretch today
  • Took Ellie for walk in the snow.
    Making the most of or time here
    Last hard weather forecast for Thursday evening trip home.
    No boats to Orkney today or yesterday.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - hope the results are favourable
    Wabo - great report and always good to beat the youngsters!
    OH - ahh a snow walk, sounds fun!

What - training tonight - minute on, 30s recovery x20 Going to hurt
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - today
    I imagine ground will be rock hard too - had snow this afternoon. 
    lyrc - don't think so
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Flurries of snow here also...but now bright sunshine with thick grey clouds in the distance. 

My telephone appointment with the consultant was for 9:30. He eventually phoned at 2:30. MRI scan was clear, as were the blood tests. That doesn't account for the constant headache and pins and needles that I am getting in a variety of places: scalp, temples, jaw line and occasionally toes! Referring me to a neurologist, and hopefully one who runs for my club, although I only know him slightly. 

Off  for my run shortly. Won't be long!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news Ale...anything major showing on MRI wouldn't be good.
    Less cold here today. Baby and grandparent walk in the woods, trip to Peebles for a few essentials and then a stroll to Glentress. Still small snow showers but not lying. Sounds bad at home all boats off and some roads closed for a second day!
    Lovely race report Wabo and well done for beating the youngster!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All sounds good Els...as long as everything is ok on Orkney by the time you return!

Just back from an 18 minute run. One wouldn't think that four seasons would fit into that timespan. Set off and finished in bright sunshine...with a horizontal snow blizzard in the mix! Could barely stand up! Longest run since February 2nd.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ale: shame you still don't know more but good that nothing sinister showed up on the MRI.
    Blizzards here too, like every 30 mins. Finally went out at 6pm but I was still caught by one just as I turned into our road.

Well done, wabo 👏🏻 I love beating the younger ones.

Guess you guys are in no particular rush to get home, Els and OH 😉

Is that a track session, Dustin?

Well done on the challenge, Em.

Hazel: long weekends always confuse my inner calendar 😊

So, 5 miles walked and yoga day 5 done.

• Chick...good going. We probably should get home if possible...give the new parents a short break before Ben's folks come though we do try to be useful. It's been lovely though.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Track session was 3x300, 4x400, 3x 300
    Legs bit sore tonight but good sore! 
    Alehouse glad MRI showed nothing
    Shattered so night night