Friday 16th April 2021 Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter

Morning!

Lyrics: Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

Cold and frosty here, but plenty of sun in the forecast.

What: another short run plus cross training in the garden.

Why: being careful/lots needs doing. Fence was finished yesterday with the help of neighbour's son. Needs another coat of stain next.

Out for a late breakfast with daughter first though.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Yesterday's were, heartbreak in the city, steps and Michelle visage, don't think anyone knew them! 
    Emzap annoying about the Garmin that would drive me mad! 
    Alehouse nice one with the fence! Enjoy your short run and especially breakfast with your daughter
    What forest run with one or two mates
    Why 1 can 1 maybe
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Off for an outdoor meal with daughter and eldest g'daughter at 4, better wrap up I think
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Enjoy your run and outdoor meal, Wabo! Breakfast will be outside of course, so could be quite chilly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Good news on the fence  and from the neurologist Ale.  Don't forget to plaster that blister for today's run.

Enjoy your respective family outings Wabo and Ale.  Maybe take a rug?  And have good runs too of course.

Grr to the Garmin emzap - haven't got one myself - maybe you could ask on the gear thread?  Are you still doing your core challenge?

What: another MLR - flat this time but might put in the short hill sprints and strides I missed out so far this week. 
    Why: plan
    Last hard: need this working week to be over
    Last rest: 30.03.2021

Lyrics: no
  • Morning, a fine sunny one here, it was v cold yesterday.
    Nothing to report running wise, trying to walk a lot instead, bored with not running already!
    Ale, seems your running is coming back and hopefully whatever was wrong is passing!
    hazel/Wabo amazing training. 
    Lyrics, yes!
    3 more days of avoiding folk including today then going back to work to do some "shadowing" next week with a view to doing some locum shifts. Bit apprehensive particularly about video consulting which  is new to me and does seem a little uneccessary as zero covid cases here in last 8 weeks. It will likely change with reintroduction of travel on 26 April though.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Too much to eat at  breakfast: not used to it! Followed by cross training in the supermarket and then pottering in the garden. Had hope to give the fence another coat of preservative but annoyed with neighbour; she has been going to get it for the last fortnight but has yet to do so. She wants a particular shade of brown. Wish I had got it myself now as today would have been a perfect day for it. 

What: 26 mins half and half road and river bank. The river bank is like concrete and the path is three or four times wider than usual.

Why: trying to up the kms but it is currently a struggle. 

I used to do this course (just over 4k) in under 15 minutes. Probably two stone lighter and nearly 40 years younger.

Hope the MLR goes well, Hazel. 

Sorry that you are having to walk, Els! And exciting times on the job front!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Just a quick wave to say hello and I'm fine - just mega busy at work. Will catch up at the weekend :)

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Like Chick I too have been busy and hectic at work so apologies for not reading back too much
    Ale - good news (I think) with the neurologist. River bank run sounds good.
    Hazel - good work with sticking to the routine.
    Wabo - hope the forest run went well

what - 30 minutes easy
    why - all I had time for
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday: snappy hill set 6x300 hills
    lyric - yes

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a walk and a bit of core and legs
    Why: trying to keep up the challenge though also being sensible. 80 squats was making my knees hurt so I switched it up a bit today and the plank was hurting my back so had a bit of a shorter one today.
    Last hard: blisters on my feet yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

Nice to see family ale and wabo. 7 days till I see my dad, it's been over 6 months now.

Nice reps Dustin.

Els hope the shadowing goes well. 0 cases is really good going!

Have a lovely evening all, off to bed, hoping for a long run in the morning