Saturday 17th April 2021 I need to laugh, and when the sun is out

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I need to laugh, and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about

Yesterday's were Here comes the sun, The Beatles

Sunny here again today. Chilly at present though.

What: short run

Why: re-building

Plus cross training in the garden, including treating the fence.

All sounds good, Emz...and even better when you see your dad! I imagine Lucas will have changed a fair bit!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning!
    Bit duller day but dry.
    Emz - will be great to see your Dad! Enjoy the run.
    Ale - lyrics sound familiar but not sure.
    Regarding work lots of reasons not to go back to a rather stressful work environment but on the other hand may be a help to clear some of the clinic backlog and I'm not able to do lots of other things at the minute, but wouldn't want to do more than a couple of days a week and want to be able to go away when allowed which was part of the problem when I retired, I was very limited when could take leave.
    Roll on being able to run again, missing it and running friends, my own fault however probably daily running is not for me in the longer term!
    No sign of absent folk yet sadly!
  • Oh and having been told I'd been discharged by Edinburgh team now got a letter saying I've got a virtual clinic to discuss treatment or not of remaining aneurysm with Aberdeen neurosurgeon. Bit unsettling!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: 3.31km, slowly

Why: trying to restore my base, gradually

2 fence panels coated, front and back. Going to take me ages and I wish I could say that it was good cross training!

Yes, I can imagine that the clinic letter must be unsettling, Els

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You're building back fine, Ale. Painting is an underrated task. It always takes longer than planned.

Sorry to hear that, Els. Very unsettling indeed. I'm drying to run as well. I am walking loads and when I'm out there it would be the most natural thing to break into a run. A few bouncy, joggy steps is all I'm allowing myself but it's hard to keep that restraint going.

Sorry to hear about your Garmin woes, Em. Well done on the s&c. Work has gotten in the way of my yoga routine. Trying to do better 🙂

So, this week has seen me doing 7, 5, 2, 8, 5 and 6 mile walks. It's a start 😊
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hiya, 
    Els - oh that sounds quite troubling
    chick - good walking! 
    Ale - recovery looking good. As chick says, painting is underrated x training!

what - track set 10 -1 
    1000/900/800/...200/100 each with 100 walk between. Tough set, 9m in total
    why - Saturday routine
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - today
    lyric - think so
  • First swim for over a fortnight this morning.
    10 mile coastal walk in sun this afternoon.
    Lyrics yes

• Evening

Sorry to hear that Els. Hope the appointment is soon so you have clarity. How long do you think you might be out of running for?

How many panels do you have left Ale?

Nice walking streak Chicksta. Impressed by your patience.

Nice track work Dustin.

10 miles along the coast in the sun sound ideal OH.

What: 8.88k recovery
    Why: MLR yesterday, long tomorrow
    Last rest 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 15km trail this morning
    Why: another of the adventure races
    Last hard: the chafing, my legs are in agony
    Lyrics: nope

Saw 2 deer this morning, beautiful run but blisters and chafing have made this afternoon a bit agonising! Then pelvic health physio who has finally discharged me but says check ups wouldn't be a bad idea once in a while.

Els, I get that dilemma, also hope you get an appointment soon.

Oh oh must be nice to get in the water again

Ale good job on the painting

Lucas finally said mama this week (I came after Peppa, which we watch maybe once a month, I was not impressed!!).

Have a lovely evening all