Sunday 25th April 2021 It's gonna be a bright (Bright)

Morning!

Lyrics: It's gonna be a bright (Bright), bright (Bright)
Sun-shiny day

Yesterday's were Otis Redding with Sitting on the dock of the bay

Enjoy parkrun Lyla (and Wabo)! Don't set off too fast! Does Cleo run as well?

What: short run, gardening and must stretch

Why: getting back into a routine which is not happening with the stretches

Bright sun-shiny day here, although cold at the moment.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Cleo does but she has a cecceti dance thing at Twickenham, ballet and other styles. 
    So I have Lyla till 3 then I think this know what I'll be doing at 4.30!!!
    I'm very excited for Lyla she's wanted to do this ever since she first saw big sis do it
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyla did so well! About 17 mins, fleece came off and back on, shoe fell off, gloves on gloves off, then as we went towards the start of. The second lap she actually said I don't think I can do a second, I let her dictate the whole pace, we skipped speed walked, hurdled, galloped and got round lol! So proud of her.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun Wabo! The key thing is does Lyla want to go again?
    And I shall be shouting for your team later!

An hour of gardening plus some stretches d&d. Supermarket then run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Well done on getting the stretches done Ale. Hope the supermarket is quiet for your shop and enjoy the footie. Nice tulips yesterday thanks.

Interesting regarding the coastguard exercices Els. Nice walking distance and good news regarding the jogging bits.

Well done Lyla! Hope she enjoyed it Wabo. Well done on your 5k yesterday too. Bike trundle got done but I went on strike on a steep bit!

Boo to the knee Chicksta - have you twisted it or is it from the walking? Hope your work situation eases soon.

Good 200s Dustin (tough things), sensible to drop the last one if you felt something. Any predictions for the mile race?

What: 16 miles with 10 @ maybe MP?
    Why: Plan
    Last hard: doing 18, the legs won.. Should have done 8+10 rather than 5+10 +1, it was all too easy to cut the CD bit down and the 3 miles extra at the beginning would have been ok at a sensible pace.
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: familiar

Right: off for a siesta!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You've earned that siesta, Hazel. That's a tough session.

Dustin's intervals sounded tough too.

Aw bless Lyla. I hope she enjoyed it and goes again.

Beautiful flowers 🌷🌷🌷 Ale. I really hope you can cover some answers. It's just not good that you're still not feeling ok 🙄

I think my knee s grumpy from all the walking. It's not used to it. And my legs would much rather run :#

anyway, 7 miles done. It was just too nice a day to miss out.

Yes to lyrics 👍🏻

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - great to hear Lyla did well!
    Ale - good work outside, hope you enjoyed the football, tbh I'd forgotten it was on...
    Chick - well done on the 7
    Hazel - well done on the long run, even 10 at MP is a hard effort.
    I'd usually hope to be sub 6, nearer to 5:30-5:40 but been nowhere near that of late. It's more of a benchmark run, but I'd be a bit miffed if it's slower than 6:20

What - 1h45 lumpy trails at easy pace
    Why - run out
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    Just a bit of tenderness from the legs today, glad it was a "shorter" run today.
    Afternoon's worth of gardening and weeding too.

lyric - hmm, pondering

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

That's a tough run, Hazel! The key part was achieved so I wouldn't worry about the shorter warm down. Easy day tomorrow?

Seven miles is a decent walk, Chick. You will be in a good position  running-wise when allowed.

One hour 45 is decent after yesterday, Dustin! And no, I didn't enjoy the football, although I imagine Wabo enjoyed it even less! Should have been 10 v 11. And I'm sure you know the lyrics.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyla did love it and wants to go next week, think Cleo will too
    Alehouse bit gutted about football but not too bad.
    Dustin sounds like a good run!
    Hazel good running wow!