Wednesday 28th April 2021 You could never know what it's like

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice

A quiz came into my inbox yesterday to see what my theme tune is; appropriate, surprisingly!

Yesterday's lyrics were Fox on the Run, Manfred Mann

What: short run, stretches

Why: after work plus really need to get down to them

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Ouch to the tooth Els.  Hope your day doesn't turn out to be quite as stressful as you are anticipating and you have time for a nice walk at some point.

Might be a point there to the good runs and poor runs Ale.  Guess we have to concentrate on the good ones.  Not always easy but sometimes helps me to try to find something positive in a poor one even if it is I got out of the door!  Sounds like you will be busy.    Are you back to cold weather as inspiration for the lyrics?

What: 8 miles with a few strides combined with a shopping trip so off down the hill
    Why: empty fridge and cupboards
    Last hard: group+solo was a bit harder than I could have done with yesterday - normally the group bit is at a fairly easy pace for me but the two others decided they wanted to push it a bit and my legs didn't like it still after Sunday's run. 
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Two runs done.ouch els anything tooth related! 
    Alehouse I looked the lyrics up yesterday, I know the song but didn't get it straight away
    Hazel so well done then on that run!!! Enjoy today nice and easy
    Alehouse stretch and run well, today's lyrics I bet I should know
    And now I'm off work for the rest of the week, I'm heading to Ramsgate soon to be with my mum on her 90th tomorrow. Cannot let it go by 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - really sorry to hear about your nephew, hope he soon recovers. Happy Birthday to your mum, can't believe she had you at 65...
    Hazel - good work with the strides set and the group run. With the latter I always try to find out what the estimated pace is. Been caught up on a 9 miler before at "easy" pace - my slowest mile was about 7.15...
    Thinking of trying the 24 week P&D for London, using myself as a guinea pig.
    Ale - well done with the election work, and interesting thought about sessions. Does seem to ring true though. I try to take something (good or bad) out of every session, and it should have a purpose rather than "junk miling"
    Els - tooth trouble sounds nasty, pleased the dentist had room for you though to patch it up

What - 5 easy trails in constant drizzle (ground still rock hard), coaching village group tonight
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Yesterday's club set : 8x200m hill efforts, about the same recovery jog back (its a circular loop rather than up/down). with a long w/u and c/d ended up being 11 in total
    lyric - possibly

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Hazel: no, lyrics are not related to the weather! It is pretty chilly though, mainly due to the wind. Wore winter gear for my run including hat and gloves. 

I think once revealed I imagine most people will know the lyrics. I have to say particularly appropriate for Wabo's nephew and mum! Have a great time with her, Wabo! (Dustin, I think you are mistaken: age was 63 I believe.)

Dustin: how many weeks until London? I suspect that it is a little less than 24!

Almost no rain here apart from overnight. 

What: just over 25 minutes. Much better run today although it is very much "junk kilometres" at the moment! Or rather at a pace that a couple of months ago I would have considered "junk". 

Why: trying to re-build. Must do those stretches!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse, I reckon Dustin was being cheeky, charming or something in-between 🤣🤣
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can