Thursday 29th April 2021 She packed my bags last night pre-flight

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: She packed my bags last night pre-flight

Yesterday's were "I'm still standing", Elton John. However today's lyrics hardly describe me at present. 

What: short run plus stretches

Why: re-building and keep forgetting. Remind me please!

Happy birthday, Wabo's mum! Dustin was being complimentary about your age, Wabo, but thought you were 25 when I know for a fact it is 27. 

Work beckons!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    These lyrics I know! 
    Is this a new theme maybe?
    Thanks ale, Queenie nanna has had her Buckingham palace tea in the royal bed!!
    Lol! My mum painted the posts outside her bungalow yesterday, quite amazing really
    What very short run
    Why mum's birthday
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!
    Lyrics - no!
    Big Happy Birthday Wabo's mum! Hope there was lots of cake!
    Tooth patching was painless Wabo and I assume that extractions aren't being done yet for Covid reasons so won't worry about it.
    Double clinic was OK, followed by an hour and a half with the IT guys. We will see if the problems are solved but I am very confused! IT issues have that effect on me!
    Good running folks. Nothing more than a 3m evening walk yesterday but nice to be able to get out in light evenings.  Sunny but v cold.
    Baking this morning then may go up the hill, will try to run a short part of it - leg permitting.
    Got to clear our kitchen completely and utility messy room in advance of new lino going down tomorrow. To be fair Peter has done a lot of it but kitchen table, cooker , dishwasher and fridge still to go. Hope it's a dry day tomorrow and we can stay out of the way!
    Baking a carrot cake now while I still can!
    Enjoy a hopefully nice day all! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - hope your Mum has a fabulous day
    Els  - Good luck with the kitchen clearance and happy baking!
    Ale - ah yes, stretches, need to get back in that routine! Yes London is October, I deferred to April 2022, so I reckon November is 24 weeks!

What - should be junior coaching plus some easy miles
    Why - routine
    last rest - 10/10, today will be short and easy
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - not sure I do

• Afternoon

Have a lovely day with your mum Wabo. 

Is the 24 week plan from the 1st edition of P&D Dustin?  Defferal was a good idea it seems.  Maybe a chance of it happening next year?  Not sure about this.  We don't have pace agreements as such on our Tuesday group run - it tends to depend on who turns up.  Some people also seem to regularly make a point of showing off their paces when they have fresh legs.  Have fun coaching.

Wouldn't call them junk miles for you at the moment Ale.    They are serving the purpose of getting your running rebuilt.

Peter ok Els?  Good idea to get that cake baking in.  Hope you managed a little run. 

What: gentle MLR in a bit
    Why: mid-week miles, cut-back week nonetheless and I also have one of those R thingies on Saturday (well sort of)
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

You are correct, Hazel: at the moment any mile (or kilometre) is a good one, however bad it is!

Didn't remember that you had deferred London, Dustin!

Hope that a short test run had a positive result, Els!

Wabo, I have some posts that your mum could paint...

What: 20 minutes run, then stretches

Why: see Hazel's comment. And stretches much neglected. Glad that I did them. 

Cold here today. Ran in winter gear again. 6 degrees and felt colder in the wind. Managed to miss the hailstones. And the rain. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wow a race Hazel! Can't remember them!
    Chilly here too Ale though bright sun in the morning but wet and chilly this afternoon!
    Cake and some hot cross bun like things baked....they are a rather alarming shape!
    Been up the hill, running I guess about 1.5 miles of it on the way up.  Felt good but unsure if it's too soon, will give it a couple of days to try again. Hate the back to square one feeling!
    Peter is OK but sore when walks/runs, v frustrating. Busy in garden and woodworking.
    Nice running all of you.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So far mum has had a great day, it's been really lovely. 
    I'll only run a mile today and tomorrow.
    What happened to Pete els? 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can