Monday 3rd May 2021 There's nothing to do so you just stay in bed

Morning..

Lyrics:
There's nothing to do so you just stay in bed,
Oh poor thing

Staying in bed would be a nice thing actually but currently supposed to be working.  Lovely day too after the rain at the weekend.

You are doing great on the walking Chicksta, not too long before you can think about running again I guess.  Hope the jab side affects have worn off.

An outing with M76 might distract you from the crap weather Ale.  The strange race format is the closest I will get to a proper race for a while I think - we are still at an event limit of 15 and I assume that 15 starters every half-hour is ok for getting a permit. 

Good to see you emzap - good luck with all of that sewing.  Great you could see your father again and you are running well.

Well done on the mile time Dustin!  Nice trailing yesterday too.

Slow build-up sounds good Els.  Hope Peter turned up in the meantime!

Glad you had a nice run Wabo despite it being a solo one.

Have a nice BH in the UK.

What: short recovery
Why: Monday, tired legs
Last hard: bits of yesterday's MLR but good practice for running longer on tired legs (pacing and mind)
Last rest: 30.03.2020

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

No chance of staying in bed: M76 wanted to run at 8:25 which is far too early for me. He wanted to get the run out of the way before the rain comes. And we did. 

What: 6.3 km 

Why: M76 was doing 9+ so I turned back as the whole run would be tempting fate I suspect. 6.3 was quite far enough and the longest I have done since Feb 1. Each time that I have run with him I have gone a little further. Hopefully I will manage the whole run in a couple of weeks. And hopefully will not get accosted by two dogs as I was today. Paw marks all over my jacket. Got the "They've never done that before" type of response. No apology and little attempt to restrain them. 

Stretches later?

I guess your MLR yesterday would be long for most, Hazel!

Yesterday's Elton John lyrics were I guess that's why they call it the blues. I suspect that today's are not EJ!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Wow quiet on here today, hope no one's been blown away!

What: a walk round some bluebell woods
    Why: wanted to get out before the rain (the heavens opened when we got back to the car)
    Last hard: deciding to not go to club tonight, my legs are trashed after yesterday!
    Lyrics: nope

Ale that's so annoying...I hate people who can't control their dogs.  well done on the run, but be careful please :)

Hazel hope work isn't too bad today.

Hope all UK people enjoying the bank holiday (those who have it off)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - walk sounds lovely
    Hazel - wish I had the day off, couple of calls early on, and just finished with another.
    I'll claim those hours back later!
    Ale - well done on the run. Sadly that dog behaviour is pretty routine. Some owners fail to recognise that some of us don't give two hoots about their mutts

What - 5 miles easy trails + 7.5 mile walk to/from a pub for lunch 
    Why -recovery, taking in the countryside.
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Weekend
    Managed to miss most of the high winds, but starting to get wild out there now...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Afternoon!

Absolutely foul here: started raining around 9:30, post run, and has persisted ever since! Doubt that there will be many sitting outside pubs around here, Dustin!

Edit: apparently most outdoor hospitality has closed. 
    And this time last year we were having a heatwave when I was trying to prepare a new lawn!

I am not surprised that your legs are feeling yesterday, Emz!

Very quiet outside: during the past year's lockdowns there has been a constant stream of people passing my door to get to the river; barely a soul today. 

Anyway, no gardening meant that I was able to devote some time to stretching and strengthening. Much needed.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lyrics no
    Lucky with the weather here, no rain. But blowing a hoolie! 
    Alehouse good running - annoying about the dogs though!
    Dustin lovely day nice run and walk to and from the pub, sounds good to me
    Emzap bluebell wood sounds lovely, I'm loving the bluebells at the moment
    Hazel hope the run went well
    What 3 runs today totalling 5
    Why it worked well with all the work we've done today
    Last hard today
    Last rest 31/12

Been lugging hard core around,cutting grass, digging flower beds and turning them over, bet weary now
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Evening!
    Would have been happy for no BH as patch on my broken wisdom tooth fell off, pretty sore first part of the night and no dentists until tomorrow. Also staying in bed could have been tempting but had to get kitchen cleared for lino fitting to recommence at 8am. Now finished but want to get it polished before put everything back but shop not open until tomorrow.

No running, leg feeling feeble today but 13m walked so at least I got out.
    Everyone else doing so well, not sure I should be on here currently!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Els: of course you belong on here currently, as indeed does anyone who isn't running at present! Probably when one needs the support most!

If you tried to dig a flower bed here, Wabo, it would quickly become a pond!
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Kind of you to say so Ale! Btw Peter turned up about 4.30 when he said he'd finished S I didn't realise he still had T-Z to go!
    He's off looping Scapa just now so hope it goes better than last week !
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    It would be a sad and lonely place if the benchies weren't allowed on here :)

Hope Peter's run went well, Els. And we'll done on the 13 mile walk. Sorry to hear about the tooth 😔

Tasty mile, Dustin. Working on a bank holiday? Boo.

Nice rain dodging, Ale.

You're so busy, em. Had to laugh at the concept of your dad living in the phone 😊
    Foot is feeling fine. Thanks for asking. 2 more months. It's dragging a bit ...

That's a full body workout, wabo 😊

Some running on tired legs every now and again is good Hazel.

Managed my usual walk in the dry but the wind is picking up considerably now. Next few days are not looking great.

All back to normal post jab. I slept like a baby for once which is unheard of 😉