Tuesday 4th May 2021 Even when the darkest clouds are in the sky

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! May the 4th be with you!

Lyrics: Even when the darkest clouds are in the sky
You mustn't sigh and you mustn't cry

Very dark, cold, wet and windy here. We've had these lyrics before. Couldn't think of anything else!

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: ran longer yesterday. Need to get back to the stretching routine.

Have a good day.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Windy or breezy at least yes, Wet and dark not yet.  There are rumours of unseasonal heat for the weekend / next week..

I should join you on the stretches Ale, bit stiff at the moment and it would do me good.  Stupid dogs and especially owner.  Good news on the increasing distance, doing the whole run gives you something to aim for.  And good timing to miss the rain - worth getting up for then.

Good timing for your walk as well emzap - bet the bluebells were a lovely sight.  There are carpets of wild garlic here with white rather than purple flowers but they are a bit pungent.

Shame you didn't get an interrupted day Dustin and yes make sure you can compensate those hours.  Good pub related exercice.

Busy day in the garden yesterday Wabo.

Boo to the continued tooth troubles Els.  Hope you can get that sorted fast today.  Did Peter have a decent outing yesterday?  Please stick around!

Thought you were closer to running than that Chicksta - sorry.  Good news you got a decent sleep in.

Yesterday's lyrics: Monday morning, Pulp (just worked out what EJ lyrics are... sigh..)

What:  5m LT + padding but I'm not sure I'm up to that - will go by feel.  Need to hide in a corner for any speedwork due to the wind.
    Why: plan says so
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no but likely should know them.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lol to today's lyrics, a good friend (no longer with us) many many years ago said I was always singing this and she also said, its like me. Very nice thing to say and one of those things you never forget. Maybe nearly 40 years ago???
    Alehouse sounds like a plan for today! Enjoy
    Els tooth troubles, I feel your pain but please stay xx
    Chick I thought you were closer too, but time flies! Hopefully in this case 
    Hazel have a good run, I too must stretch!! 
    What a couple or less later then track tonight
    Why Tuesday is track
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Currently waiting for weather to calm down so I can go to work! Roads are a bit chaotic
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - sorry to hear continued tooth troubles, not nice. Well done on 13 miles walked , that's pretty epic in anyone's book.
    Wabo - happy track day & enjoy (!) the LTs Hazel...
    Ale - hope it's a bit calmer out there today.

Here it started not long after we got back from the pub, first the rains, then the winds and it carried that way most of the evening.
    Only had to retrieve a couple of chairs off the lawn, and the watering can from under the bushes. 
    It better news, had a cursory peek in the hedgehog house and we have a new resident! A large bundle of leaves with a small nose poking out. I'll leave them in peace for now.

What - 800m reps
    Why - club session
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - will be today
    lyric - I think so

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I wish I was closer too but it is what it is :)

Hope you found a sheltered place for your speedwork, Hazel. It's vile here at the moment. Our lovely cherry in the garden is battered and bruised :( 

Great new on the hedgehog, Dustin. I love them :) We have one roaming around our garden too but it's not resident. More the vagabond type I reckon.

Enjoy your speedwork, Dustin and wabo.

Oh yeah, it's Starwars Day today - nearly fogot. Fun fact: Elon Musk's youngest was born a year ago. The kid with the name I cannot remember. X AE 12 something. A bit bonkers :D 

Managed to get my walk in first thing. It was wet but the wind hadn't arrived yet. So all good :) 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Very fortunate with the weather: it stopped raining so I went for my short plod. Got back and it re-started. Managed half an hour of stretching, also. 

Enjoy the quicker stuff, those concerned.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

walked Lucas to nursery with 8 parcels in the pram to post. Left pram at nursery and walked to post office (3min walk). That was shut, so then had to walk 20 min to other other post office. Pretty grumpy when I got there!  Very glad I hadn't gone in my running kit as planned as it would have been a cold walk in shorts!

Els you are definitely welcome here, as someone who has had many running breaks over the year, here is where I've got a lot of my support from.  How's your tooth today?

Chick was your other foot so long? Feel like this is taking longer!

Wabo nice memories :)

Have a lovely evening all

•  Sorry I've not been around recently.

I'm told Dustin was asking that my face was shown  ...
    ... however the best I could manage is to show you where I have been spending my time since last week instead :wink:

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, OH! My garden was white this evening. Hail. Lots. 
    Hopefully you are managing a little running without too much discomfort.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you oh
    Emzap that was a lot of rushing about!
    Track went like this, 3 lap warm up, 8 x 400 at pace, 90 sec recovery, 1 slow lap at the end of that lot, then 1 lap with the aim of doing less than 100 secs, I did 106, but I was doing 117 for the others.. 1 lap slow again then 1 fast. Came home and did 1 mile cool down to keep them streak intact

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can