Thursday 6th May 2021

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right

Yesterday's happy lyrics were Shiny happy people, R.E.M.

What: will see what the legs decide

Why: very much running to feel at present

Not working today so hoping to get in the garden. Currently pouring of course! Supermarket first instead.

Edit: make that sleet, not rain.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I just looked at your lyrics from yesterday and thought course I know them!! I used to be a childminder and one of my little ones used to sing 'shaggy happy people' 🤣
    Today's lyrics a big yes and I love this song
    Hope you get a run of some sort in alehouse
    What a double I think, possibly 3 before work then 3-4 later
    Why 7 needed and I can't face in one go
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day shiny happy people
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Why 7 today, Wabo? It is the 6th!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sleet Ale? sounds a bit grim..  MLR went well yesterday thanks - for once I managed to ignore the pace on the watch - it was a strongly undulating route - and relax.

Lol to shaggy happy people Wabo.  Don't stress yourself over the miles.

Well done on your session Dustin.  Always nice when it goes better than anticipated. 

What: flat recovery 5 later
    Why: Good way to pass the time waiting for my car's tyres to be changed (new ones and it is supposed to be summer soon)
    Last hard: some of the hilly bits yesterday but got the effort right
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse I'm trying to do a plan with a view to doing Snowdonia on October. 
    Hazel no I won't stress cos I've got a 10k race on Saturday, enjoy your recovery, yoga running sounds good!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope Snowdonia is on, Wabo! Lake Vrynwy in September has just cancelled! The training will stand you in good stead for other races anyway! thought you were still on the run the date challenge!

Was precipitating heavily so went to the supermarket. Checked the forecast on my return, having seen the tv version as well: no chance of further precipitation, so after Popmaster set off for my plod in bright sunshine. Got just past the one km mark and the temperature dropped significantly; within minutes I was white from the sleet. No rain jacket of course, just three long sleeved tops, hat, gloves and tracksters. Sun came out just as I arrived back. 25 minutes or so banked, as planned.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I do wonder about Snowdonia, it's the larger events that don't seem to go ahead
    But like you said it's a plan
    Nice one with the 25 mins
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry of following three run the date but no so hard and fast to be honest
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - nicely done, but sorry to hear about the conditions, seems the same most places (see below)
    Hazel - recover well
    Wabo - hope the 7 get ticked off

What - 5 miles done with 2 at MP via the polling station. Coaching U11s (track) later
    Why - stretching the legs
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday 
    Managed to dodge the weather - nippy out but didn't look like rain...brief shower at mile 2 for literally 30s, then the sun came out. Got in, heavens opened. Sunny again now. Bonkers.

Deferred trip to Lanzarote from July to July 2022, heading to Scotland for a week instead this year. Mrs D and I not sure we want to faff around with going abroad/isolating/covid passports etc.
    Mind you Scotland may be a push if Sturgeon gets her way  :D 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Whoopsy - looks like I missed posting yesterday. Nothing exciting to report anyway other than that we have the same weird weather here. Very, very cold. No ice but unbelievably windy. Our poor cherry tree got quite a beating and there's a lot of pink petal snow in the garden right now.

Probably a good idea to defer, Dustin. We cancelled Provence in June as well. Just too much faff and still not 100% sure that restaurants will be properly open. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not going to France to dine in :)

Your LT run sounded pretty tough, Hazel. I really hate it when it's windy. Yes, one can run by effort but it's rather unsatisfactory if you won't hit a certain pace. 

Hope Snowdonia is on, wabo. I hear it's pretty epic :)

Nothing much here other than my usual hour long brisk walk. Counting the days ...  60 to go :)
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Nice running here folks! None to report from me unfortunately, seem to have set things back a bit.
    Continuing with walks and a morning in clinic today....just when the sun came out! 
    Dustin - whereabouts are you thinking of going? Don't think SNP want to keep you out and I'm not really pro independence but can see where folk are coming from as Westminster don't seem to listen to us folk in the north.
    Am looking forward to our Durness trip in a week's time but can't see us going abroad this year, although desperate to see the exiled kids!