Sunday 9th May 2021 It might seem crazy what I'm about to say

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break

Yesterday's were Happiness, Ken Dodd

Your race sounds good, Wabo! Hope Lyla is happy after parkrun!

What: short and easy run, stretches

Why: rebuilding
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Easy day today. Unlikely to be any running. Dullish cool day here.

More upheavals: were intending having new flooring in utility room at back of garage only to discover damp under old flooring. Have now stripped room to bare blocks and concrete floor. Damp has been getting in probably through loose flashing and has almost completely rotted through lower end of last roof joist. Out of my comfort zone. Awaiting professional opinion and estimate. Anyone's guess when this will be. However roof is not imminently going to fall in and room is still functional if bare.

Cold walk yesterday with NE'ly wind.

Heading off to Durness for not-the-Cape-Wrath-Challenge on Saturday then down to visit Ellie. Hope she likes this:

We were intending to take train on to Bristol to visit middle daughter after that but that is up in the air now ... 

No word of MRI scan yet

Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo: that's Hyland's Park, right? We lived in Chelmsford for a little over 10 years :) well done on the race and hope Lyla has fun

15 miles walking is epic, Els. I usually lose the will to live after about 6.

That's a sweet gift, OH. I'm sure she'll love it.

Good rebuilding, Ale.

I walked first thing and then cycled a bit but it's too windy to be enjoyable. Now soaking up some rays in the garden 😎
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yes chicksta it is. 
    Lyla was amazing today, she didn't want to do it but did anyway. But hot so a bit slower. 
    I only did 1.2 with Lyla then my own 1.25. that's right for today
    Els and oh enjoy the cape wrath not a challenge! Ooh that's a lot of damp oh
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse, not so good for our teams this week😢
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done Lyla! Hot? You are joking, Wabo! Came in from the garden. 9 degrees although has now gone up to the dizzy heights of 12! 
    Re football, it was made worse by Chelski winning.
    Not run yet.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Just managed to get my run in before it rained. Brought up 29 km for the week, so heading in the right direction. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - well done on the race and Lyla today too
    Chick - sorry to hear about the SiL "head in sand" approach..
    Ale - nicely done, getting the miles in
    Els - epic walking, the flooring looks a worry but I'm sure Ellie will love the gift

What - 14.5 hilly trail miles with a couple of the village ladies
    Why - training for a trail mara next month
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Friday/Saturday
    lyric - yes