Friday 14th May 2021 The pipes, the pipes are calling

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: The pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen and down the mountain side

Yesterday's were Swing Low, Sweet Chariot, usually associated with England rugby matches these days.

What: short run, stretches

Why: that sort of day. Hope to cross train in the garden as well...once I have shopped in the supermarket!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Missed yesterday - BH here.

Happy belated birthday Chicksta - Flensburg looks nice!

Sorry you are not feeling better with your cold in the meantime Wabo, take it easy.  I missed eczema thank goodness.

Well done on the pyramiding mid-week Dustin.

Annoying still nothing to explain the headaches Ale - but on the other hand good not have anything identifiable which is serious.

What: gentle paced MLR
    Why: speed got postponed to yesterday as I wasn't up to it on Wednesday (mentally more than physically) so a bit off-plan this week now (doesn't matter)
    Last hard: 5.1 miles @ 4:25/km - lumpy course this time - I wanted to do something different instead of looking at the same tired bit of tarmac again.  Flat isn't always good.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope those under the weather (stress, cold eczema) feel better soon.

That's really good going, Hazel. Nice bit of lumpy speed work. 

Are you feeling any better, Ale?

I managed two decend 10k walks - fast enough to get my HR into zone 2. Took me about 1:16 which ain't too shabby considering I did not run. I find that an exaggerated arm swing helps to increase leg turnover. Maybe I try something with my walking poles to propel me even quicker :)

Other than that we have rain of biblical proportions today. So glad I kicked my tired derrière out of bed early to avoid the rain. Hubby went out after brekkie and got drenched (cue a teensy bit of schadenfreude).

Enjoy your weekend, all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon...and a very quiet one, not just on this thread!

Good walking, Chick! Hope that there is no reaction. 

Good bank holiday running, Hazel!

In general I feel a lot better, Chick...but not quite right. As yet no-one can put a finger on quite what is wrong. Still getting headaches and the tingling sensations, mainly on the scalp. But less frequently. 

What: just over 6k, albeit 2k then 4k, approximately. 
    Plus a fair amount of gardening. No stretches though.

Why: bank. Changing a border and re-shaping the grass. Must stretch tomorrow. 

Off to the alehouse in a couple of hours. Could be a little chilly sitting outside again. Quite a few people have passed my house today well wrapped up; have noticed a few scarfs, hats, gloves.

Have those from Orkney headed south yet, I wonder?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Glad you are feeling better alehouse but it is annoying to still not have answers I bet
    chick nice walking! I mean it is close to run pace for some!!

I am going to attempt a short run outside, then a walk with OH.  I have been in since Tuesday night  and it is starting to feel like when I had covid (though I am not that ill!!)
    Not sure what I will manage this weekend...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry that you have been confined to the house, Wabo! I am sure that you will feel better for being outside.  

Now, how many layers of thermals do I need for the alehouse?
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Wabo.thats a shame. Hope you get out over weekend!
    Ale sounds like you are continuing to improve. Sometimes there are no obvious answers!
    We head off in the morning at the more civilised boat time of 9am....usually is 6.30!
    Trying to get ready and fit in a couple of walks and visit to dentist who has replaced patch on broken wisdom tooth. Morning walk with Peter and then wideford on my own just now with a short run in the middle. Dunno if leg ready for it or not but gettin short on patience. Not as speedy walking as you Chick....impressive pace!
    Will be odd to be in Durness without the races/usual folk though a handful of regulars are coming up. 
    Cold here too...enjoy the alehouse nonetheless!
  • Heading "south" tomoorow morning
    Still not sure what this week will be like ...
    6 other CWC regulars also heading there, 4 from central belt, 2 from Welsh Borders :smile:
    Last hard: hearing the postage for posting a badminton racquet to Sweden - £42!
    Lyrics yes, it's in the air
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - enjoy the alehouse. Layers? n+1 is the optimum number...
    OH/Els - safe travels
    Hazel - pace work sounded good, nicely done.
    Wabo - hope you got out today?!
    Chick - good walking, rain sounded like we had yesterday morning. 

What - 8 easy trail miles. Fields and woods deserted. A lovely run!
    Why - enjoying be out
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Yesterday's grassy hills.
    lyric - think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Treadmill run again but 4 mile forest walk. 
    Dustin that sounds like a lovely run
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Have a great week, Els/OH! Will no doubt seem a little strange but I am sure that you will make the most of it. I trust OH has his midweek fancy dress costume packed!

Does indeed sound like a lovely run, Dustin! As does an hour-ish in the forest: I'm sure that will have done you plenty of good!

Alehouse report: only hands were cold, no doubt due to 2 long sleeved thermals, jumper, coat, thermal leggings under jeans, 2 pairs of socks, cap. Hopefully It will either be hot and sunny next week or we are allowed inside.