Saturday 15th May 2021 Jolly boating weather

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Jolly boating weather
And a hay harvest breeze

Yesterday's continued the games/sports theme: Danny Boy, often sung at Irish sporting events

What: a short run and stretches at some point

Why: building back, still

Enjoy the boat and hope it is jolly boating weather, Els/OH. It isn't here: rain.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Nearly at Scrabster but didn't Eat on Boat. Calm trip no breeze.
    Might be a strange trip but hope to get Ben Hope finally knocked off.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your trip and travel well OH / Els! Ben Hope is worth doing iirc. Do you have your green paint with you OH? I recall a beard? Hope the RAF isn't too noisy if they are still lurking up there.

More like tea than ale weather yesterday evening then Ale.

Feeling better today Wabo? Getting out will do you good, TM for a run likely a good option as it is easy to stop if it is too much.

Ideal run yesterday Dustin.

Great walking speed yesterday Chicksta.

What: recovery 4-5 once I've drunk my tea
    Why: filling for two longer runs.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Els and oh have a great trip! 
    Alehouse enjoy the building
    Hazel I am not better unfortunately, enjoy your recovery run
    What nothing
    Why see above
    Last hard that decision
    Last rest 31/12
    I actually can't be bothered. I might walk later though, I walked 4 in the forest last night with oh. Then my cough started . I'm not terrible but I'm not good so do not need a run right now
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

All sounds good, OH/Els! Glad that you know the lyrics, OH! Nice clue!

And that does not sound good, Wabo! Not sure what to say! I always say, "What would Dr Hill have done?" 

Feeling pretty rubbish myself (headache has come back with a bit of a vengeance) so in light of the above comment I forced myself out for 20 minutes of very slow running, with a couple of stretch breaks (good excuse). Drizzling throughout. 

Enjoy your recovery run, Hazel!

Some gardening achieved this morning but gave up as too wet, plus my head does not seem to like bending. 

Hope I am feeling better by cup final time! I trust you will all support The Foxes (although I suspect Dustin may have disagree)!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'll be rooting for your team today alehouse. I know what Dr hill would have done.  Sorry to hear about your head and I hope football doesn't make it worse
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - hopefully you manage to get a walk in later, an easy day will do you good though.
    Hazel - enjoy the easy. 
    Ale - sounds like you were well prepared for the alehouse! I assume the headache today isn't a result of over indulgence  ;)
    Well done for getting out today.
    And you have me wrong re football....I will be cheering the Foxes. I grew up in Kent so Gillingham are my first team. Of the "big clubs", I grew up supporting Leeds...at least a good win today and a strong first season back.

What - 10x400 hills + w/u & c/d was about 9 miles
    Why - hills pay the bills
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was. Steady drizzle throughout but really enjoyed it in a strange way....
    lyric - no idea
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So happy for you alehouse!!! Really really pleased
    And my neighbour opposite have their Chelsea flags out 😜
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin have a soft spot for Gillingham
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yessss! Well done The Foxes. Certainly makes up for watching us lose in 61, 63 and 69! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ale - cheering in this house too!
    Lets see the heart rate stats for the last 10 minutes  ;)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Heart rate? My heart had stopped!