Monday 17th may -But when you cryin' you bring on the rain

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all
Lyrics - But when you cryin' you bring on the rain
So stop your sighin' baby and be happy again
For alehouse and the theme

I feel a bit better this morning, not going to run away with it but it's a good sign

What walk maybe
Why baby steps
Last hard Friday
Last rest yesterday
Happy Monday all!
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Looked at yesterday again and I know who sings it but can't get the title in my head
    Going to sing in bed for a while 🤣
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Got it🤣
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Glad you are feeling a little better, Wabo! Probably because of the Spurs result!

Yesterday's games/sports related lyrics were Queen with Bicycle Race. 
    And I know today's. 

What: aiming for my longest run since February 1st

Why: running with M76.  Forecast is wet of course!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good to see you nice and chirpy this morning Wabo.  :)

Have a good run with M76 Ale - good luck with the distance (today and the week in general).  Maybe book last week as a cut-back week?

Thanks for the pics yesterday Els (not at all jealous) and well done on the Munro. 

Great long run Dustin.  Seems you are in good shape for your marathon. 

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: yesterday's longie - just short of 20 miles (19.89 - I stopped at 32km).  First two hours were downpour and I tired quite a lot after that.  First 20 (almost) for more than a year and a good reminder that it is a long way.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Morning again! 

Great long run, Hazel, in unhelpful weather!

What: my current version of a long run, just over 56 minutes, mainly off road. 

Why: paced round by M76. Couldn't have run much longer. As mentioned above, the forecast was not good so I wore a rain jacket; as it happened I was overdressed and it didn't rain until just after we finished. 

Have been singing the lyrics, thanks, Wabo! And did I mention that Leicester won the FA Cup for the first time?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Back from a walk which brought on coughing and all sorts.  Phoned doc and I am getting antibiotics for sinus/chest infection.  Feeling better was short lived! I feel better that I will get something though.
    Alehouse, 56 mins is long! enjoy.
    hazel you got me some good trader points thanks.  Enjoy the recovery.
    I am more chirpy to be fair maybe it was the footy
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - good work with the M76
    Wabo - Yikes about the infection, at least you seem to have the Doc onside
    Hazel - solid run yesterday, well done

What - 5.5 easy miles
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not so sure I do
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice long runs yesterday Dustin and Hazel.

That's quite a step up, Ale. Really frustrating that nobody can tell you what's wrong though 😞

Wabo: healing vibes. That cough must be real bad if it stops you running.

Enjoy your break, Els and OH. Fabulous pics 👏🏻

Missed posting at the weekend. It was my parents' 60th wedding anniversary yesterday so I had a bit of organising to do. So sad we weren't allowed a proper party but I think we managed a great day for them. We started with brunch at our house and then picked a place by the sea where the weather wasn't shit. Lovely walk (dad was in a wheelchair, he's unable to walk for more than a few 100 metres now). Take-away seafood was yummy and they really enjoyed being driven around and pampered 😊
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

A great celebration Chick! Well organised!

Today's 56 minutes was well controlled, i.e. slow! Up from 43 minutes 2 weeks ago. In January I did the same run a couple of minutes quicker and 8 beats per minute lower, so still a long way to go. Weight gradually dropping...but still a long way to go on that front also.

Hoping my GP will phone tomorrow to discuss the next step.