Friday 21st May 2021 It's coming home

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: It's coming home
It's coming home

Yesterday's were Shirley Ellis, The Clapping Song

Eurovision party tomorrow, Emz?

Any better, Wabo?

Glad you got to run, Els; shame OH is still struggling with pain.

What: a run at some point, plus stretches

Why: currently wet and windy but will get look out when there is a dry spell. Or get wet.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Emz! Two minutes ahead of you!

Have a great time with your dad!

I note that parkrun have delayed their English restart until June 26th.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy your dad's visit emzap - living room carpet picnic?  Or wrap up well and brave the wet.  Hope your blood test results turn up soon and are ok.

Hope you find a dry spell Ale. 

Solitary run in the countryside sounds ideal Dustin.

Good to hear from the wild north of Scotland.  Sounds like you are having fun Els.  Sorry to hear that Peter can't join in as much as he would surely like to.

3-4 core sessions in a week would be good going chicksta.

What: speed?
    Why: supposed to be doing some today
    Next hard: motivation to do such - wet and possibly also windy later.  I'm pretty much used to the former at the moment but don't like the latter for speed.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: even I can do those
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Not really surprised re park run. Dread to think 600+ people descending on our local park.
    Els - sounds wild, sorry OH is still struggling
    Hazel- good luck with speedy stuff
    I think wet and windy is pretty much universal.

What - 10k trails, again nobody out. Literally in 10k over the woods & fields I saw no one else. A year ago it was jammed with "daily exercisers" - that didn't last  :D
    why - feels like xc season - mud, puddles, wind, rain
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - of course 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Very similar here, Dustin. Got decidedly wet and only ran just over 20minutes. Just a couple of bedraggled dogs and their owners.

Re parkrun, I can't believe their arrogance. Actually I can. I also can't believe that Bolton council are welcoming back parkrun asap!

Off to the Griffin at 7 for an hour for the first time since I don't know when. 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    The weather is totally crazy at the moment. 

I've stopped listeing to Marathontalk at some point last year because they were going on and on about restarting parkrun. Errr - no guys. Sorry. We're still in the middle of a pandemic. I do miss it too. And my friends there but we have to put safety and health first. 

Enjoy the Griffin, alehouse. Is it still outdoors only? Not sure I'd fancy standing in the freezing cold and rain with a cold beer in my hand. About time the weather improved so beer gardens can be fun again.

Dustin: Sounds a bit like Jan. 1st resolutioners ;)  Deserted fields are the best. 

Wet and windy isn't exactly conducive to speed work, Hazel.

Managed another 10k walk this morning.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A storm is brewing ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Inside hospitality is now allowed as of Monday, Chick. Table service. Masks when out of seat. Would not be sitting outside in this! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Tried to go to the park with my dad and Lucas. Too wet and windy so abandoned and drove to cafe to get takeaway lunch!  Then Lucas and I walked to town when it calmed down later. I say walked, we pretty much ran there as shops had shut and were only staying open for me as I'd texted ahead!

Chick that much core is indeed impressive!

Yes ale, Eurovision party tomorrow. One friend here then friends in Netherland and Australia on Skype (all friends from Germany, one happens to live here near us now).  First we have a day trip to Cambridge to do...

Els hope P is feeling better soon.

Have a lovely evening all.