Tuesday 25th may -The jester hops on the leg of time

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning lyrics loosely with the theme as in someone who's thrown their hat into the ring
The jester hops on the leg of time,
The scourge of the wizard nation.

Off to work soon
What probably a mile and maybe a walk
Why getting back
Last hard yesterday
Last rest sat
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Morning! You were ahead of me by seconds, Wabo!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: ran longer yesterday/must do

Currently pouring.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for some inspiration and can spare 20 minutes (and fast forward the ads): 

The Man Who Ran Every Day for 52 Years! | The Legend of Dr Ron Hill | Podium - YouTube

Made in 2019, just after Ron's 81st birthday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Will take a look Ale - could do with some light entertainment as today's workday is continuing where Friday's pretty manic one dropped off (BH weekend in between).  Another nice RH related pic yesterday.  And a good distance with M76 - was that the full round this time?

How about a few outings of gentle run-walk to get you back into it Wabo?  But if the cough is bad - wait a bit?

Congrats on your wedding anniversary too chicksta - also had mine yesterday - just 5 years but we did it late.
    Great you were able to see your friend again and blueberry cheesecake - hmmmm!  Nice cycling and walking combo too.

Market in those conditions doesn't sound nice at all emzap, shame about the sales. Hope you are feeling better today. 

I guess you are on your way home now Els and OH - travel well if so.  Hope that appointment is waiting ready for you OH.

What: group + x (probably)
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy anniversary chick, hazel as well
    Yep hazel I am doing walks to warm up and cool down and only a mile at the moment
    I'm feeling quite a lot better today, last atb taken yesterday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Glad that you are feeling better, Wabo! Onwards and upwards!

Enjoy the group run +, Hazel!

What: just over 30 minutes run, plus stretches d&d

Why: started off and struggled, perhaps after yesterday's longer run. Someone passed me at around 2k so I upped my game and kept him in sight for the next couple of kms before he turned off, fortunately. 

9 degrees and a strong breeze, but at least it had stopped raining. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    More anniversary wishes then to Chick & Hazel.
    Ideal week really - between the end of the football season and before the cricket season gets going. (I assure you that is not the reason I , we, chose the date ....)

what - club night, think it's paarlauf
    why - training with the gang
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric- I'll probably kick myself , but no.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the YouTube tip, Ale. I just read the RW article on Ron. Truly inspirational. Not sure I'd like to copy his food (and bath) routine from the 70s ;)
    Shame you didn't catch the guy :)  I kept on the heels of another lady today. She was running, I was walking. She couldn't shake me. But I couldn't quite catch her. Would have had to break into a longer run for that. I do the odd joggy bits (10-20m here and there) but nothing longer until I get proper sign-off in July. 

Happy Anniversary, Hazel

Glad you're feeling better, wabo

Enjoy your club night, Dustin

I did my usual quick 10k walk again. Probably time to increase the distance a bit ... 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I didn't run today
    Who is this sensible person here
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Watch the video of Ron Hill and you will probably change your mind, Wabo!

Just been to meet up with eldest son very briefly in a car park just off the motorway on the way to Bolton (currently not allowed to travel to Bolton, possibly, or possibly not depending on which government minister you listen to). Anyway it is his birthday tomorrow and presents were given and a quick piece of cake eaten!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse I have no doubt I'll streak again but right now I just want to ease back. He was phenomenal and he is the reason I think I'll go again lol
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just watched. What a runner