alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Snowdrops and daffodils
butterflies and bees
sailboats and fishermen
things of the sea

Back to the theme from the weekend!

Monday's were a one off for Bob Dylan's 80th birthday: The Times They are a Changing.

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: legs need an easy day/must get back to them

Supposed to be a nicer day today so hoping to get in the garden.

Glad you enjoyed the video, Wabo! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAuaOH-0-Ww

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yes
    Yesterday's were Bill bailey,  leg of time, he's offered to do Eurovision next year 
    Alehouse enjoy your easy run. How you feeling in general
    What Tai chi, I must! And slow off on forest later with running club
    Why needs must
    Last hard Monday
    Last rest yesterday
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Take it easy Wabo! 
    I'm still not feeling quite right... and not looking forward to the second jab on Friday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Have a nice pootle in the garden Ale.  I also watched the RH video yesterday - very interesting.  Glad you were able to meet up with your son yesterday.  Good you had someone to pull you along on yesterday's run if you struggled initially.

Hope the group run makes you feel better Wabo.

Liked the competitive walking yesterday Chicksta.  You should be in a good place fitness wise to get back to running with all the walking, just need to get everything used to the old left-right, left-right with a full running motion I guess.

Hope you had a good club session yesterday Dustin.

What:7-8 GA miles with strides
    Why: haven't done any strides for a while and the rest fits in nicely too.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020
    Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm going to cry. I had tickets to take Lucas to his first cricket match and have just been contacted to say the match is going ahead with a crowd, but all under 16 tickets have been cancelled 😭😭😭 I'm so sad and cross.

What: wallowing in sadness that Lucas will have to wait to go to his first match (I didn't book any others I had access to as I'd already booked these)
    Why: see above
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: yes

I also did a walk this morning, still not feeling well enough to run though much better.

Ale you seem to be running quite a bit

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hopefully my first cricket of the season is tomorrow, Emz. Strange about no under 16s.
    I am gradually building the running but am only up to 30k and until the end of January I had 21 out of 23 weeks over 50. Glad you know the lyrics, but sorry that you are not well still.

Weather is not good here, despite the forecast so off to the fitness suite. May run afterwards.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh ale, now you're just rubbing it in. Everyone will have to have lat flow tests before being allowed to go and I think that may be why, but still really annoying (and surely they'd have known that from the start?!).

Glad you're building up slowly, take it easy!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry, Emz

What: 30 minutes running with fitness suite sandwiched in the middle

Why: made a change, and an opportunity to get on the leg press machine to stretch my Achilles. 

Grey and little wind, so we are probably stuck with this weather. Last night the weather forecast was a lot more optimistic than it has turned out!

Emz, you may recognise where I ran today: 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - that is so irritating about Lucas & the cricket 
    Wabo - sensible head on? Very strange... :D  Hope you perk up soon.
    Ale - have fun in the garden, and happy birthday to #1 son.
    Hazel - sounds like a good session
    Chick - doing well with the walking, soon be back banging run miles out I'm sure!
    Not watched the Ron Hill video yet - maybe a treat for the weekend. I'd still question whether a mile wobble around on crutches constitutes "running", but even so , impressive streaking nonetheless.

What - something light plus village group coaching
    Why - hamstring not playing nicely
    Went to club set last night (paarlauf or 20x150s), but after a long 3m easy warm up, any attempt at strides felt uncomfortable, I opted for being sensible (Wabo , see , it's not just you!) and jogged another 10 minutes.
    Streeeeeetching order of the day
    last rest - probably today
    last hard - coming to terms with a long weekend with some stunning runs planned probably being scuppered
    lyric - not sure

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin  :D:p
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap how annoying about the cricket!!

Did manage to do the whole 108 moves of tai chi today, haven't done for ages, hope I never forget them!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy days, run went well.