Thursday 27th May 2021 You gotta speed it up

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! 

Lyrics: You gotta speed it up
And then you gotta slow it down

Yesterday's were Dana with her Eurovision winner, All Kinds of Everything

What: a run of some description

Why: legs will make my mind up

Off to Old Trafford later to watch the first day of cricket for ages. Hope Lucas is not too jealous.

Glad your run went well, Wabo.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Long time indeed that someone going to cricket was mentioned. Enjoy Ale - hope you have decent weather for it.  Well done for getting to the fitness suite yesterday.

Sorry about the disappointment that Lucas can't go emzap.  I hope you will at least get compensation for the tickets. Ongoing get well soons so you can run again.

Glad you had a nice run yesterday Wabo.  Remembering 108 things sounds like quite an achievement!

Sensible indeed Dustin.   Hope that it will be rewarded so that you can do your runs at the weekend. 

What: gentle MLR - likely around HM mark
    Why: mid week miles but have a "race" on Saturday so no fast stuff
    Last hard: disappointment with the next round of corona measure relaxations.  Amateur sport will now be allowed 50 participants.  Cue next round of running event cancellations..  It is perfectly ok for 10.000 football fans to celebrate their cup win together at the weekend with no measures and for 300+ children to do a gymnastics event indoors though... 
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: familiar
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse enjoy your run
    Hazel took a long time to learn but as long as I keep doing it I don't forget
    What nothing
    Why I feel tired
    Last hard yesterday run
    Last rest Tuesday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again

Below is a great interview with Dr Hill from 2011, starting at 38 minutes and lasting about an hour.

https://marathontalk.com/shows/episode-583-celebrating-ron-hill/

Was 6 degrees when I ran, and now 12. Supposed to be 19 this pm: could be perfect for watching cricket, which is what I am doing now.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - I reckon you'll have a decent days cricket, bright here too,
    Hazel - enjoy the 13, whats the race
    Wabo - sensible again?!

what - coaching under 11s, easy running
    why - precaution
    last rest - well yesterday was barely 2k of light jogging whilst coaching
    last hard - reigning it in
    lyric - maybe, maybe not, maybe , erm, perhaps...Yes!!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, decent day of cricket, Dustin, although only stayed until tea. About 17 degrees, cloudy with sunny intervals.
    Make your mind up about the lyrics!
    Are you cutting back for a race or fear of injury?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Aftertnoon!

How bizarre - I posted yesterday but as I logged on today, all I can see is half of yesterday's post as a draft. Very strange.

Enjoy the cricket, Ale. Very sorry to read what Em wrote regarding Lucas' first cricket match :( 
    You guys are really miles up the road from us lot here if the gyms are open again. Sigh. 

Very disappointing indeed, Hazel. Our neighbouring federal state up north allows sporting events up to 250 people now. But nothing where I live. Not that I'm in any shape to enter an event anyway. 

Ok, with Dustin's cue I'm pretty sure I know those lyrics :) ESC still, I presume?

Hope Els and OH are ok. Haven't heard from Poppy or chamolk in a while. And of course LMH is sorely missed.

Another 10k walk today. Rather wet and windy. Apparently we're getting a blast of Sahara air at the weekend, so hopefully we'll get something resembling spring or early summer. About time :) 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin yep, not sure what is going on but I have done nothing all day! Apart from making pizza dough - so the body is saying take it easy lol. Are you being sensible??
    chicksta hope that you do get that nice weather, hop e the walk was good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Hi all...not read all today's posts yet but sorry Lucas can't get to his first cricket!
    Just boarded boat for home...lovely sunny day with no wind...too good for travelling but a few short walks to break up the drive.
    Lovely few days with Ellie....she was so sweet having a story with granny yesterday! Sad to leave her for now.
  • We're ok - just leaving Scrabster and should be home for 9pm.
    Too nice weather for travelling although had a couple of short walks on drive up.
    Next hard - accepting the inevitable and cancelling Tiree Ultra Entry (September) and Paddle Orkney (July) .
    Lyrics no (definitely)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale did you have to do covid test before going to cricket today? That's the reason they've given for not allowing under 16s to the test.  

What: time trial
    Why: they did it at my club on Monday and I felt left out
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: of course! Love this one!

2.5 km time trial alone. 1 mile in 8:08, 2.5 km in 13:13. Wonder how much faster I'd have been in a group. I was expecting 15 minutes so very pleased with that.

Hazel sorry to hear your frustrating regarding easing restrictions.

Chick you had much more relaxed rules during wave 1. I can imagine it's frustrating though

Oh and els hope travelling was ok

Have a lovely evening all