edited May 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I wonder if one day that
You'll say that you care
If you say you love me madly
I'll gladly be there

Yesterday's Eurovision offering: Making your mind up, Bucks Fizz

What: short and easy run

Why: taking it easy before second jab, which I am not looking forward to. Hope it is considerably better than the first.

No, no Covid test before cricket, Emz, just a questionnaire.

Re the gym, Chick, they are only letting 15 in at a time, pre-booked, for 50 minutes, and then 10 minutes cleaning. I have counted 60 in there in the past. They have also removed quite a lot of equipment to allow spacing.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

good luck with the jab Ale. 

How is the hamstring feeling in the meantime Dustin?  It is a hill race, just short of 9k with approx 500m+/200m- in TT format.  Smaller gaps between starters this time so maybe I will actually see someone this time - probably when being overtaken.  Should be decent conditions - vest and shorts rather than capris, cap and long sleeves like last time.

I had to think for a moment about which state is north of you Chicksta - I don't know why but I always think Hamburg is further north than it is.  Not too much of that Sahara heat please - bit of acclimatisation in between would be good first.  But less wind and wet for you of course.

Love the pics from yesterday OH and Els and I hope you have arrived home well in the meantime.  Ellie seems to have been enjoying the story.

Well done on your time trial emzap.  Well under what you were anticipating. 

Would be good to hear about / from missing people.

What: recovery
    Why: race tomorrow
    Last rest: 30.03.2020.

Lyrics: no
  • Got back to MRI appt in Aberdeen for Wednesday 2nd but flights already sold out and vaccinating Tuesday-Friday.
    Rebooked for 14th

Also go back to a new TSB account, complete with debit card, overdraft limit, PIN and account number.
    I have not requested a TSB account nor had any communication with TSB since 1982!
    Fraudulent account now reported and blocked.

Weather was nice yesterday but today grey and overcast.

Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Afternoon!

Sophisticated scam, OH! No scans on Orkney?

Taking things very gently today: short run under grey skies, drizzle when going for the bus, bus to vaccination centre, long chat with the duty GP, jab, 20 minutes rest, bus back and now watching cricket on TV. Nothing adverse from the jab so far.

Race well, Hazel! You seem to be in good shape after a decent block of training!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!
    Busy morning restocking, making soup, doing loads of washing etc!
    Loved reading to Ellie, gonna miss that! They are coming up for a visit at end of July though.
    Hoping to get out for a wee run later on.
    After wall to wall sunshine on our way up yesterday misty and cold again today!
    Enjoy your race Hazel! 
    Hope second jag less problematic Ale! Peter's sister who had huge facial swelling after first had hers with no problems a couple of days ago.
    CT but no MRI here though there may be one in Shetland next year, still a fair bit of travelling involved.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to have you back, Els and OH. Those pics were super cute yesterday. I didn't know you guys had to travel for MRIs. Wow. But then you live in paradise, so it's a small price to pay I guess. Account scam sounds pretty sophisticated and scary. I wonder how many people may actually fall for such a thing. 

Good luck racing, Hazel. I was talking about Schleswig-Holstein and it's there's quite a bit of Germany left north of Hamburg :) 

Hopefully there's no adverse reaction this time around, Ale. Who knows, it may jolt things back into place. Small chance but I am ever the optimist. 

Nice TT yesterday, Em

Another 10k walk done - 7:30 mins per k is as fast as my legs would turn without running. I can't seem to walk any faster than that. Translates into a 1:15 10k time which is fine by me at this stage. At least I do work up a sweat.

Have a lovely weekend, all. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was surprised that you have to travel off Orkney for an MRI!

Great walking, Chick!

(And still no reaction. Fingers and toes crossed.)
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Ale/Chick - we didn't even have CT until 5 years ago, the last island health board in Scotland to not have the facility!
    I can walk 10k in 90 min but nowhere near your speed Chick! 
    Gonna head up the hill once I've fed my sourdough! Almost 2 weeks spent in the fridge! Oh and done my first lateral flow test, negative fortunately!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH - lovely pics
    Chick - certainly clocking up the walk miles! 12min / miling is some people's run speed!
    Emz - good work with the TT
    Hazel - good luck tomorrow, sounds right up my street that race!
    Ale - glad no adverse effects from the jab

What - nothing 
    Why - got back from junior coaching last night and felt wiped out : giddy , light headed, sleepy. Not feeling much better today so just head down, getting work done.
    Hamstring not so bad today but I'm hoping to run this weekend so I'll give it a bit more rest.
    last rest - yesterday & today
    last hard - mustering enthusiasm.
    Typical that I get a niggle when I had a long weekend of running planned.
    Bugger.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Glad no reaction alehouse
    Els I thought of you tonight when I read to lyla. 
    Dustin take care, that's what I was like yesterday. 
    Speedy walking chick!
    Hazel good luck tomorrow
    What nothing
    Why off on our holiday tomorrow so being careful
    Last hard weds
    Last rest today

Off to Cornwall, can't wait
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics, indeed yes
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can