alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Come closer, come closer and listen
The beat of my heart keeps on missing
I notice it most when we're kissing
Come closer and love me tonight

Yesterday's Eurovision song was Puppet on a String, Sandie Shaw

Enjoy Cornwall, Wabo. Brother's? Nice and easy on those hills!

Hope you have woken up feeling better, Dustin!

What: really not sure

Why: bad night after my jab. 

Supposed to be going to cricket again but will have to see.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just diverted by Stonehenge, always busy
    Yes my brother lives where we're going but won't be there till weds as they're staying at his sons who had the heart attack. 
    Alehouse that's not good you had a bad night 
    What nothing 
    Why travelling
    Last hard weds
    Last rest yesterday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope your nephew is doing well, Wabo. And not jealous of your holiday at all! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Enjoy holiday wabo...do you read to Lyla on Skype or similar? Not sure it would work with a baby! Miss her already!
    Ale...hope symptoms not too bad.
    Not sure what I'm up to today.got up and down the hill with a mid run walk mile to take a phone call yesterday!
    Have a good weekend all.
  • Vaccinating.
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    At cricket after a short run. Feeling rather better than I did in the night. Warm and hoping that the sun will break through the clouds shortly.
  • Finished work and sun out but left back sore.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els I did read with Cleo early in the lockdown on Skype, she's 9 though so we took turns to read a page of her book.
    Give it a try though with Ellie, just hearing your voice will be nice 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Wabo...can only try! Got a few books lines up for their visit end of July!
    Umed and ahed about joining some other runners this morning. Was a bit fast for me but a new route out west with a view of loch and passing the big windmills.
    Rewarded by coffee and cake at Claire's!
    Baking bread and a stroll round scapa this afternoon.
    Must has been coming and going all day here...currently thick again after a sunny interlude.
    Ale..cricket therapy?
    Tired for no good reason this evening....travel related?
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Glad you are back home well Els and OH.  Scary regarding the scam.  Glad you have a suitable MRI appointment.  MRI scanners are pretty expensive bits of kit if I remember correctly but I guess so is a CT scanner.  I guess the sour dough starter survived if you have been baking bread Els.  Nice pics - love the colours.  You must have travelled quite a few miles in the last days. 

Enjoy Cornwall Wabo!  Lovely bit of the world.  Good to get kids reading for sure.  

My slowest run (mostly!) km today was slower than your walking speed yesterday Chicksta.  

Hope you are feeling better Dustin.  That on top of the hamstring niggle.   :/

Sounds positive Ale regarding the second jab.  Hope you get a better night.

Have a good BH weekend all.

What: 8.9k hill race
    Why: using the opportunities I'm given
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no

Race report:

Second round of the Jura Top Tour race series.  This had up to 10 races per year in the past - several have already been cancelled for this year but some are trying to put on some sort of TT format.  I had only run this course, or rather most of it once in the past in 2015.  

I set off in plenty of time for an hour's drive to the location but fortunately remembered after only 5 minutes or so that I hadn't picked up my shoes from the cellar - good thing too as I would not have enjoyed running in the worn-out road shoes I was wearing to drive.   So back home and try again - still managed to arrive in plenty of time despite silly season having started (i.e. roadworks).  Parked up next to a portaloo - with full race facilities not yet available at least there was a loo of some sorts and whilst sorting myself out I did a sort of marshalling as the door stubbornly showed red for occupied although there was mostly no-one inside.  Anyway - left people looking to use such to themselves and walked up the village to the start.  I had planned a short warm-up but then ran into a group of people I know and the only thing that got warmed up really was my tongue as I hadn't seen them since autumn 2019.. ups.    

My start time was officially 11:34 but it was again start when you were ready if no-one had set off just before you so I was off a few minutes earlier.  I trotted straight off up the first slope - good way to start - flat or downhill means I go off far too fast. Thought hmm it is a bit warm and my legs feel a bit tired from the last days but let's get into a rhythm which I could expect to hold over the course.  1st km split 5:54.  Second was already down to 7:08 with nearly 100m of ascent, the next saw 5:55 and 5:09 due to quite a few undulations and still on easy enough ground.  That was soon replaced by a short sharp incline beginning on longish grass - don't like the way that drags at your feet and a broad track infested with small rocks where I decided a short sneaky walk would be a good idea.. The hard bit is once you have started to walk is to get back into a run again.  Short respite for a bit of down and then into the steep ramp on decent ground of around 2km - again didn't manage to run all of that.  The hard bit was still to come though - not up but down.. Normally the race route continues up another 150m, this time it was down to complete a full loop back to the point we had gone passed at 5.5k.  Not fell type descending but I am pretty crap at it anyway and with tired legs from the up I took it fairly easy and ran with an older guy who also was interested in staying upright.    Things did flatten off about 800m from the finish so off I went but of course also down I went around 300m from the finish.  Only scrapes and bruises this time though - sort of swear, stand up and get going again sort of fall.  Over the line in just under 57 minutes.    Not a great time but I have probably done to many km in the last couple of weeks for better and haven't trained enough on the steeper stuff.    

It did feel a lot more like a race this time - I could see other runners ahead, some marshalls out, drinks station half way.  I got overtaken by several men (at least no ladies) and managed to overtake 2 men and 1 lady (hah!) myself.  DIY get back to the start, it was such a lovely day through the hay meadows that I walked the 2.5k rather than ran - shame I had no camera as the scenery was nice too.  

Incident free drive home and a nice homemade pizza as a reward.  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a good day out, if a bit tough for me, Hazel!