Monday 31st May 2021 Could this be love that's calling?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Could this be love that's calling?
The door is always open wide

Yesterday's were Cliff Richard with Congratulations.

What: easy run

Why: taking it easy at present
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope you are continuing to improve Dustin.

See it as a cut-back week Ale?

Have a good start to the week all.

What: not sure yet - won't be very long or hard though
    Why: legs still sore.  Improving though and need the exercice to shake off the DOMS.
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Dentist then swim out west
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Whit bank holiday here so won't be many dentists open! Hope yours is painless, OH

Yes, Hazel, it will effectively be a cut back week...but midweek to midweek. DOMS are a good sign: you must have run hard!

Just over 20 minutes here, feeling fine...apart from the tingling in the head which I suspect I will have to live with, or it may go over time. 

A gardening day today: I have one flower bed and a rockery covered in couch grass which needs removing, and is proving very slow work.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - hope the dentist went ok...
    Ale - nice work getting 20 done, hope the gardening was successful
    Hazel - Hope the shake out shifted the DOMS

What - no running but just shy of 6 miles walking with Mrs D
    why - seeing if I can get a GP appointment tomorrow - I'm not holding out much hope.
    Stomach feels tender and bloated, meaning no appetite, so I'm not really eating and I've lost weight the past week (2-3Kgs). HR seems normal though.
    Today I've eaten an orange, two apples and an eccles cake, still not hungry. That would ordinarily be a mid morning snack....
    Perhaps running 5 miles yesterday wasn't advisable - spent much of it coping with the gag reflex. 
    Tummy discomfort aside, I feel ok and hamstring tbh is the least of my worries. 
    Feels like a blockage of sorts but seems like most of what goes in has been coming out.....

Maybe I should go for a few pints and a curry - kill or cure!!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear that there is not much of an improvement, Dustin!  Hope you get an appointment...and by then you are better!

May's figures: 31 days run, just over 129 km, so around 80 miles. Gradually getting back to it I guess, with a sight cut back before and after jab 2. Want to get back to the 200 k a month region, although I know I need to build to this sensibly. 
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Dustin off his food? It could be serious. Hope you are soon back to normal.
    Ale that sounds pretty good going...
    Back for a day's work and then 5k loop....feel old and slow but good to be out with folk. 
    Typically fog lifted this morning since weekend was over.
    Hoping for some trails tomorrow!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Evening all :)

Lovely race report, Hazel. You worked hard there. Glad the fall wasn't too bad.

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough, Dustin.

Great you're swimming again, OH.

Glad you enjoyed your run, Els. You are neither old not slow.

Sounds like that second jab went well, ale.

Just got an email from my gym that they're reopening on Tuesday :) booked a lunchtime slot for Wednesday. And a test for early morning. You only get in with a negative test result.
    Really looking forward to some proper weights again.