alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: to the music that never ends
To the people we want to be 
(Lines two and three as title is first)

Yesterday's were Mary Hopkin with Knock Knock who's there

What: probably just a short run, hopefully stretches

Why: fitting things in. BBQ at 3, looking after workers for my 97 year old neighbour this morning.

Looks like a hot and sunny day.

Edit: this is probably the last song of the current theme so if anyone wants to suggest a new theme...
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Know today's lyrics
    Having A lovely holiday so AWOL
    I've run every day since Sunday, only tiny though
    Alehouse busy bee! Have a good day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Don't know lyrics
    Vaccinating again today but hoping to get a swim when I finish at 5. Looking like it's going to be a nice day.
    Had to abort my 5k (group) run last night after 0.5 mile  :'(
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

BBQ sounds nice Ale and good weather for it too.  Sounds like your rebuild is going ok.  Good streak as well.

Keep on enjoying it Wabo!

Oh no OH - not so good.  Are you pain free-swimming at least?  Hope the weather holds out for your swim later and you get to do one.

Not good for you either Dustin - worried if you are off your food like that.  Els - can you send him an emergency cake package?  Good luck with the GP appointment.

Hope you can get out on the trails today Els. I guess most of us have old and slow days irrespective of real age!

Have fun at the gym later Chicksta - don't overdo it :)

What: group + solo x miles
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.2021

Lyrics: no
  • Wall to wall sunshine.
    Gonna head out west for a few coastal trail miles. First time alone since events of last May, I'm not brave!
    Hazel - good plan - lots of cake for Dustin! Hope he's back to normal soon.
    Lyrics - yes.
    Good neighbour Ale!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Dustin sorry to hear you're not feeling good and hope you can get to the bottom of it
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I suspect that was Els posting in disguise!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Mmm. Yes Ale...I'll be in trouble now!
    Anyhow nice 7m out and back from Yesnaby then drove up to Birsay thinking walk to marwick head and back and a sandwich from shop. Ended up finding 2 running friends picnicking in a little cove so had coffee andd strawberries with them after my walk. V nice!.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Such a beautiful place, Els

Glad you're enjoying your hols, wabo.

Sorry to hear you had to abandon your run, OH. Hope the swim goes well.

I shall try to kick myself out of bed early enough to post some lyrics, Ale. I'm having a hard time getting up as I'm not training for anything ... and because I'm only walking I may as well be out in the afternoon when it would be too hot to run but still very OK to walk. 

Hope you're feeling better, Dustin

Have fun at the group meet, Hazel

Just 5 miles walked today. For some reason I didn't fancy another power walk so I just walked normally. A cuckoo kept me company :) 

Very happy that I managed to book a week in Bavaria as of June 13. I have two weeks off starting next week. We were supposed to go to France but everything is still pretty much in lock-down and you need tests every couple of days and all that kind of inconvenience so we scrapped those plans. Instead I called our favourite Bavarian holiday spot to check in if one of their 4 appartments was available and lo and behold, someone just cancelled.  
  • Sounds like a good holiday plan Chick!
  • Nice swim after 56 Covid jags today.
    Swimming is pain free. :smile:
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Managed two small runs today, seems I have a streak going alehouse 🤣
    What couple of miles walking, .4 and 1 Mile run
    Why holiday
    Last hard today 
    Last rest 29/5
    Took Cleo in the sea she loved it, eating way too much and just generally having a fantastic time
    Lovely photos els
    Nice one chicksta!