Wednesday 2nd June 2021 - You lit a candle in my heart

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Lyrics: You lit a candle in my heart
Said it would never fade away

Couldn't think of a theme.  So these are just random :)

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Cliff Richard with Power to All Our Friends

What: short run

Why: helping at a race. Don't know when I last said that!

Do you have to see the consultant again before you start running, Chick?

All sounds good, Wabo!

Any better, Dustin?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - BBQ sounded good, well done for today's assistance
    OH - get the swim done? Sorry to hear the run was aborted though.
    Els - nice pics.
    Thanks for thoughts everyone, yesterday ended up being an adventure, so it's story time...

Called the docs at 8, they returned the call at 9 and spoke to a GP at a neighbouring surgery who decided she wanted to see me at 11.
    Bit of probing and prodding, she took bloods and then said I should have an ECG. 
    Her instinct was that it was a gastric infection/bug type of thing but wanted to check all avenues. 
    Half hour later she calls me back in, apologised for the wait but said that there were abnormal readings on my ECG and she'd spoken to the hospital who suggested I should go over there for more tests to rule out anything else.

So wife dropped me off into AAU (acute assessment unit) for 3 more ECGs (at 15 min intervals), more bloods, the obligatory covid test and wired me up to a HR machine.
    Doctors also suggested I should have a chest xray.
    Seen by two doctors who asked if my chest pains had subsided or if I had any more chest pains. I said I've never had chest pains (see referral notes). They then asked if my HR was normally ~42 (it is) and if I was active. The "I run every day and do about 50-60 miles a week" always raises a smile, Doc this time said "And you do that for fun?"
    One listened to my chest, probed and prodded, looked over the ECGs, repeated that they all showed "unusual behaviours" (what's that mean?) but said it may be expected in "active men of your age with a lean physique" - so not unusual then?
    Off to xray, then had to sit around for almost 2 hours before they concluded nothing showed up untoward and sent me home with some tablets for gastric inflammation almost 8 hours after I "popped" to the doctors.
    Must praise the diligence of the GP (not my usual one) to explore all avenues and at least Mrs D is happy that they have tested me.

Hoping to do a short run today, still have that bloated feeling and eating still limited (but improving) but feel better in myself.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds like quite a saga, Dustin. Very thorough! And sounds like a clean bill of health, gastric issues apart. A short run will do you good, I'm sure.

Back to cross training in the garden...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good to know that there is basically nothing wrong with you then Dustin.  Hope those tablets work quickly so you can get back to normal.

What sort of a race are you helping out at Ale? 

Early start indeed Chicksta. Great news regarding the Bavarian holiday. 

Lovely outing yesterday Els.

Good you are able to swim pain-free at least OH. 

Go for a paddle in the sea for me too Wabo...

What: longer recovery
    Why: ran to and from my group run yesterday so HM distance with almost 500m of climbing so need an easier day today
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Dustin : Great you had such a good look at.I hope the tablets work for you.Sorry to hear you have had issues.

Hazel: Great running:-)

What: 5 miles
    Why: because
    Last hard: Getting up and out by 4.40am and the heat.
    lyrics:Nope

Sorry been MIA and hope everyone is doing okay? Great news on Race Alehouse even if just supporting:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great to see you, Poppy. You have been missed. Hope everything is OK at your end. 

Right, I just finished my popcorn while reading your epic saga, Dustin ;) At least you won't have to worry about heart issues. Had to chuckle at the low HR readings. Happened to me in the past when I forgot to mention I was a runner. Suddenly there would be a flurry of activity as they were thinking I might collapse! 

Hazel: Wow, that was some nice long running yesterday. 

Yes, what kind of race, Ale? Re. consultant: I think he's happy to see the back of me but I did book another appointment in the hope to erase the last bit of foot paranoia. I'd just like to have another set of xrays and his definite OK that everything healed just fine and there's no reason not to run.

Another 5 mile walk but a bit faster than yesterday. Wanted to do 6 but it was colder and windier than I would have liked. 
  • Basically good news then, if a bit of a pallaver Dustin. More cake needed!

Pfizzing today, hopefully swim once done.

Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the well wishes.
    Chick - Also had that "low HR" issue after ankle surgery 10 years ago. They were reluctant to let me leave the theatre resus room until my HR "returned to something normal, like 60 or 70" Took a bit of convincing 40 WAS normal  :D
    Good news about the possible return to running too
    Well done on the early start WP

Anyway 5 miles over the fields - glad to be out there, baking hot though. Mad dogs, Englishmen...
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Low heart rate real torture with monitor -alarm goes off just as you fall asleep (outlawed by Geneva Convention!!!)

Lovely day (but sat in consulting room.)