Saturday 5th June 2021

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Did have thoughts for today, today's choice being one of them but AH got there first.
    More vaccinating today, swim later.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning..

Too wet at the moment for gardening here. Glad you got to the Griffin Ale. The run was ok yesterday, little climbing in that, lots on the bike.

Nice swim pic OH. Guess the head has to stay above water or the hat would float off?

Glad you are starting to feel better Dustin.

Yesterday evening's storm was nice to watch from a sheltered location but a local farmhouse took a full hit and has burnt down. Fire looked pretty awful from out of window.

What: some GA miles depending on the legs, otherwise a bit slower.
    Why: bit of mileage but saving something for a longer outing tomorrow.
    Last hard: yesterday's cycle
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That's rather dramatic hazel, hope everyone was ok.

What: 16km half on trails
    Why: was doing a local adventure trail but couldn't find any of the markers and got completely lost and had to help a farmer herd some cows to get out of her farm. She was very nice about it!
    Last hard: the last few km of that, it's hot already
    Lyrics: yes

That was step 1 to getting back on track.

Need to go back and look at oh's pictures, I don't get email notifications when people post anymore. Meanwhile here are some from me.

Have a great day
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    try that again!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Second Covid jab today 💉💉

Got up very early to get my steps in. Now chilling in the garden.

Hardcore combo yesterday, Hazel. I think that's what the triathletes call a brick session. Oh dear, was the farmhouse hit by lightning?

Yes to lyrics. ⚓😊

Water looks lovely, albeit cold, OH.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Morning again!

Well done on the long run, Emz, and on being a cow girl! Enjoyed the pics, also!

Nice pic of the Tesla, Chick. And you! Hope that there is no reaction to the jab.

Not nice about the farmhouse, Hazel.

An hour's gardening completed, and just over 30 minutes run. Stretches to follow.

Have just been looking back at January's runs compared to currently: in January a couple of times a week I was running double what I did today for a faster pace and about 5 bpm less. Obviously have lost a lot of fitness or there is something still not quite right. Or both. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi..nice running in the sun all!
    Emz...looks fantastic!
    Chick..glad you're all vaccinated and great photo of you.
    Think I'm avoiding cameras for ever after what I saw on the facial recognition thing the other night!
    V hot here for Orkney...group social run around the trails of dounby...the only Orkney parish with no sea! Lovely view from top of Greeny hill...never been up there before and along the peat tracks to finish. About 9.5 miles.
    Followed by lunch in Eve's garden including trout caught and smoked by her hubbie which was delicious.
    Lazy afternoon followed!
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
  • 'Fraid I'm not a seious head down swimmer, HazelCH but nice swim around the wreck again this evening. Definitely feeling more summery.