Friday 11th June 2021 So I'd like to know where, you got the notion

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion

What: easy run, gardening, pay respects to Ron Hill

Why: Dr Hill's funeral today but only 20 can attend so will be at the side of the road watching the cortege

Hope the ankle is ok, Emz. And what race?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Sad you can't go to the funeral if he was a friend of yours Ale. 

Ouch emz.  Hopefully just a minor twist.

Swooshing sounds fun OH.

Good news on the 2nd jab Dustin.

Lovely orchids Els.Glad you enjoyed the yoga.

One hill race at the end of June Chicksta which I've entered and I'm musing over options for late summer / autumn at the moment.  Still cautious about committing to anything. 

Yesterday's lyrics were I do like to be beside the seaside.   Originally from 1907 by John Glover-Kind.  Bit of seaside in this heat would be nice..

What: MLR - easy paced as will be hot and sunny
    Why: haven't done a longer run yet this week / plan
    Next hard: getting up to run will be - need to switch to early running due to the heat
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning. Ankle still sore but I can walk on it so seems a minor sprain thankfully. Did 2.5km hobble round the old parkrun course. Just heard it's having to be moved to a non pushchair route due to the council. Sore after the walk but no worse so I see that as a good sign.

Ale it's a trail race that isn't really a race, more a social run, 2 options 5 and 10 miles and the have a summer and winter edition.  That was the route I was recceing yesterday....thinking about it, you may have been asking what race I'm doing next week...that's a 5ish miler round the lanes.

Sad you can't go to Ron's funeral ale. Hope you're able to pay your respects.

I have a feeling I know what the lyrics are...I'm guessing a clue is the theme rhymes with notion...

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Glad that you aren't too badly damaged, Emz! Yes, I meant next week's race! And the current theme is sea, or even ocean!

Off to pick a friend up shortly to see Ron's cortege pass. 

Quite cool here this morning for my run, Hazel, but the temperatures are supposed to rise again from tomorrow. Even a little drizzle in the air but no rain of note. Hope MLR goes well. Hope to do mine tomorrow, such as it is. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 3 swims in South Ronaldsay followed by lunch.
    Because we can
    Lyrics no

Shame you can't attend the funeral in full, AH
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sad day, Ale.

OH: amazing display of wild orchids. I hope to see some when we're in Bavaria at the weekend.

Hopefully the ankle settles, em. One more month to go 🙏🏼

Hazel: Yeah, I'd be cautious too. You never know what's going to happen with Covid variants. Doing some local stuff is probably the best option.

We're driving South tomorrow. BBQ with friends near Regensburg planned before we drive to our holiday place near Salzburg on Sunday.

Got up early for my walk before it became too hot.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hia
    Emz - glad the ankle doesn't seem too bad
    Ale - Glad you at least made it to the cortege today, I hope you had a good send off
    OH - well done in the water today!
    Hazel - trust the MLR went well

What - 7 miles incl 5 or 6 faster ones. Did roads any there were some mid 7s in there, didn't actually feel that "fast"
    why - stretch the legs out on a muggy day
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - I guess that should have been, before that, Tuesday
    lyric - yes indeed 
  • Enjoy your hols chick!
    Sorry you can't go to the funeral Ale.
    Wild orchids everywhere just now.
    Shopping baking and a 9m walk this morning, coffee with a friend this afternoon. wierd weather is strong winds and quite cool this morning, cheered up in the afternoon a bit.