Wednesday 30th June 2021 It's a God-awful small affair

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: It's a God-awful small affair
To the girl with the mousy hair

Yesterday's were The Purple People Eater, She Wooley.

What: short run, lots of stretches, lots of ice

Why: sore shin. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Any hangovers today after yesterday's football?  I was out running whilst it was going on.

Compartment syndrome sounds nasty Ale. 

Well done on the yoga OH and Els.

What: not sure yet - maybe some speedwork or a short MLR
    Why: windy and not following a plan at the moment so can choose.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Short cycle (5k), swim this afternoon
    Sore after yoga yesterday
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - ahh at least some kind of diagnosis, maybe get some champagne to sit on that ice?
    Hazel - go for the speedwork!
    OH - ah yes yoga does that to you...

What - easy lunchtime miles, coaching village lot tonight
    why - legs mangled, routine
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - yesterday. Did the clubs 6.30 session of 400/300/200/100 with same distance steady between each. 3 sets. Then took the marathon group at 7.30, back marking the threshold runs, but still 12 mins & 10 mins at "LT pace" was enough on sore legs. 
    Low attendances for both (unsurprisingly)

Watched the first half of the footy, then the second half on catch up. 
    That's it, may as well give us the cup now. I mean we won a match in the last 16 against a competent side....

Lyric - don't think so
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Darn ... I posted yesterday but it looks like it didn't go through! So, this here is yesterday's post

Well done, Hazel. Sorry the after-effects of the jab were bugging you. Guess you're not into football either. I didn't even know it was England vs Germany today  :D 

Els/OH: Oh no! I had no idea there were more outbreaks. I really hoped we'd have the 'rona under control by now... Els, just rest if your body tells you. Or maybe do a walk instead?

Dustin: Did you do the Hoppit? My WhatsApp mate Dave won the M60 category :+1: 

Sorry, I missed two days on here again. We did a bit of a crazy stunt at Tesla's Grünheide factory to commemorate Elon Musk's 50th birtdhay :)

If you're bored - here's a link that the drone pilot shot. We're the 4th car in the convoy and form part of the lower row of the 5 and the right bar of the N in the second shot ;)

https://youtu.be/gEaUo2maThI

It was an epic weekend. Almost a bit of a festival atmosphere. Sadly Covid meant we couldn't dine together but we stood in small groups around a hotel car park and chatted. Just magic.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    An here is today's :)

Well done England. I didn't watch as I really don't care about footie at all. We watched the Tour de France stream instead ;) 

Glad you have some answers, ale

If it's not so hot right now I'd probably try some speedwork, Hazel. Wind sounds nasty though. 

OH: Well done on the yoga. If you're sore you worked hard. Must restart my yoga routine.

Dustin: I had to chuckle at champagne :D 

Another gym session this morning. And I can restart running next week. Yay, cannot wait. The crosstrainer is so boring... I like the gym for weights and stuff but my cardio has got to be running and that has to happen outside, if possible. 
  • For Chicksta via another (ex) Tesla owner

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    hazel, yes to hangover....
    CHick sounds like a fun weekend
    alehouse hope y our run was good and the shin not too much trouble
    hazel hope you had a good run
    dustin as ever very busy, I love your confidence, or is it something else? ha ha

what: short run to meet mates and walk a bit then run home
    why: been too tired to run and saw QoP this morning
    last hard, her elbows and fingers
    last rest: 6/6

Legs fine again and shoulders impenetrable, back and hips were sore too, hey ho
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick that sounds fun!

What: 5 km after nursery drop off
    Why: good way to fit it in
    Last hard: so much to do, can't kept on top of it at all
    Lyrics: I think so

Ale compartment syndrome is not nice...

Have a lovely evening all