Thursday 1 July 2021 - I've got something I can laugh about I feel good, in a special way

An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Training
I've got something I can laugh about
I feel good, in a special way

Short cycle then across to Stromness for swim
Had a better day yesterday despite being sore after Yoga on Wednesday  possibly beneficial?

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy the cycle and swim OH. 

Hard double session Dustin.  Hope you were gentle to your legs yesterday. 

No - not really a footie fan Chicksta, though I am amused that England beat Germany.  Sounds like you had a good weekend there.  Have you got your running kit dusted off for next week yet?  I was thinking about saying you should celebrate with some shiny new shoes but it is maybe better if you run in familiar ones initially.

Hopefully not too sore now from QoP Wabo.

Good time management emzap.

What: easy paced MLR
    Why: mid-week miles
    Last hard: 5 x 800 (around 200m recoveries) yesterday evening but a good hard.  Getting my head around those 800m now - might add a rep or two on or bump a couple up to 1k.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Where's Ale?
    We had a rep from altra shoes come up the other day...I might have succumbed....pair on order to try!
    Bet you'll be off with a bang chick!
    Sunny and warm so tookyself off to west coast for 15 trail miles. Wasn't pretty at the end....haven't been that far for a while but v enjoyable. Lots of folk, seabirds an rabbits out!
    Apparently 1300 Scottish fans tested pos for covid after travelling to London for game! Can't see the sense in crowded gatherings unless everyone is tested first!
    Have a good afternoon folks!
  • There may have been ice cream! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow, I really fancy an ice-cream now, Els. Wonderful pics. I've heard a lot of good things about Altra shoes. Hope they're good.

OH: That Elon pic yesterday made me chuckle. There are so many of them around. He's one of a kind. I really like that guy. And the car is the best I've ever owned. The following is a bit cultish but it's all good fun. 

Nice bit of speed work there, Hazel. I actually did treat myself to a pair of noo shoos a couple of months ago (I never need an excuse to get more trainers). I use them for my walks but they're definitely the ones I shall be running in next week. 

Yes, where is Ale?

5 miles. I may have run. A little. I mean, what's a week between friends  :D ?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I'm here! Didn't have time to post this morning as had to dash to work, unusually!

Yesterday's lyrics were David Bowie with Life on Mars. I think I know today's. 

What: short run whilst helping at the second of local 5k series. And must stretch and ice

Why: shin prevents much else.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Busy busy day with work and soon to shoot out to go to Cleo's show
    Alehouse how annoying about your shins
    Els lovely photos
    Oh I reckon the yoga helped
    Hazel my legs feel good, some sore sports shoulders etc so a day off kettle bells I think. Hope you had a good mlr
    Els re Scottish fans, totally agree why wouldn't they do that??
    Chick u ran yippee!! 
    What 3 d&d am before work
    Why busy day
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 6/6
    My cheap new balance, 460 or something, are proving to be the best new pair of shoes in a long time. Just straight into them and no problems at all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Elspeth on beach yesterday evening

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - enjoy the show
    Hazel - good work with the 800s, I love them and hate them at the same time.
    Els - lovely pics and why not go for ice cream, it is the season for it!
    Ale - good work helping out again
    Chick - Hoppit, of course. More a test of endurance given all the setting up and coordinating pre/post race activities that arguably I'm in charge of.... Well done to Dorset Dave , decent time (3.49?)

What - 8 steady over the fields + u11 coaching shortly
    Why - get my sweat on + routine
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - today's run, pace was nothing special but it was very very muggy
    lyric - don't think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin, it has been a bit muggy this week! Well done on your run
    The show was amazing, Cleo danced classical Greek tonight. Step perfect! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a couple of walks
    Why: cake and to collect Lucas's
    Last hard: it's been a tough week
    Lyrics: nope

Gorgeous pics els
    Ale working?!
    Chick you make me laugh 😂
    Wabo glad you enjoyed the show

Would say have a good evening but it's very late so I'll just say good night!