Monday 5th July 2021 When the world, Leaves you feeling blue

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Training
Lyrics: When the world,
Leaves you feeling blue
You can count on me,
 I will be there for you

Yesterday's were Blue Moon, much recorded and much sung by Manchester City fans.

What: long stretch

Why: resting shin from running

Most unusual for you not to run, Wabo!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Love the "IKEA" creepie OH.  Don't forget to include the obligatory hex key (if that is wha t they are callled..).

MLR was duely done Dustin - got wet again but partly my own fault as I met a (currently benched) running buddy out for a stroll with his wife and had to spend a couple of minutes catching up.  We will see with the autumn races if they will happen or not.  Doing a steeple race sounds scary - plenty of potential for flat on your face.  Well done on the threshold 5 - a toughie.

Take days off as you need them Wabo - wouldn't try to force a streak to happen.

Any ideas as to how long it might take with the shin before you can run again Ale? 

Have a good start to the week all.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: very familiar

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning
    I know alehouse! Enjoy the stretching, sensible head is good
    hazel exactly that, it was going to be a right pain to my OH if I squeezed in a mile and for what purpose?? lol I had my good streak. Enjoy the short recovery
    What: 3 ish in a minute
    why: need to get it done and crack on with work, and stretches too!
    last hard: saturday
    last rest: 4/7/21
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hazel, am seeing a consultant tomorrow. Should get a better idea then. Not even thinking of running!

I would be fairly sure that a few people will know these lyrics!

Steeplechase used to be my main track event. Easiest way to get in the team!

A couple of hours of gardening done and have at last put a couple of hanging baskets up. About to rain: well it would do wouldn't it: cricket starts nearby at 11.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done England indeed 👍🏻

No point in doing a mile just for the sake of it, wabo.

No to lyrics but I feel I should know them.

Hazel: enjoy your recovery run. My gait feels really good. Before I had the op my ground contact balance was always 49/51, sometimes even worse. Now it's 50/50 without me even trying. I didn't look at my watch at all. Just ran on feel. I guess all that core strength helped as well 😊

Missed yesterday. We went MTBing (70k = very sore butt) but it was a beautiful tour.

And parkrun is reopening on July 24 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow chick love that phot. great news on your run as well, not so on the sore butt!!
    lyrics I know I should....
    3 miles d&d really nice, quiet on the pavements and one long road has had a brand new resurface which made me feel confident!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Nice photo Chick
    Ale - sorry to hear about the continued shin woes
    Wabo - well done getting the 3 done
    Hazel - recovery Mondays always good (see below!)

What - 45 minutes easy trails (about 5.2mi)
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - possibly
  • HCH - actually think I'd need a (mis-) calculator to randomly allocate the number of parts in order to emulate the flat pack guys.
    Swim and brief yoga today. Quite sore this afternoon.
    Lyrics no