Morning!

Lyrics: Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

Yesterday's were Reach (for the stars), S Club 7

What: perhaps some stretches

Why: seeing consultant this morning about shin

Hopefully going to cricket...but rain forecast
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Hope the consultant had some good news for you Ale.  And that the rain holds off for cricket.

Good news regarding gait chicksta - wouldn't like the idea of you cautiously hobbling along.. I guess that was part of what the wait was about as well - building up confidence to run normally.  70k mtb sounds like a toughie and nice pic!

Nice trail recovery Dustin - you got quite a bit further than I did (3 miles) but I am trying to cut down on that Monday one.

What: not sure yet -
    Why: Tuesday is group run day but have to check the weather first - the nasty stuff has already turned up so maybe dry later?
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Afternoon!

Enjoy the group run, Hazel!

Pouring here so no cricket.

Saw consultant, scan this pm so just waiting around. He believes it is tibialis anterior tenosynovitis. Rest, ice, massage, ice,  stretch, ice, anti inflammatories, ice. Etc.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Swim and a bit of weeding.
    Physio (non-NHS) shortly
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope the physio will be useful, OH. I will be speaking to one tomorrow! Xx
  • Afternoon!
    Lyrics maybe!
    Ale, not so nice but should settle in time I guess.
    Lazy morning, shops, watering friend's garden, short stint weeding and cooking.
    Mammogram this afternoon and then run with the mammography radiographer this evening (bit wierd)!
    sluggish 5k loop last night after work! Not feeling full of beans.
    Hazel enjoy your group run and hope it dries up. Fairly nice here today.
    We do however now have accommodation on Tiree, hope I can get round 37m by Sept!
  • Ale/chick - any news from LMH recently?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Have exchanged emails with LMH in the last ten minutes. All sounds good!
  • That's good, send our regards!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope the mammography goes well, Els. Mine is in August. Doc found a lump that needs checking when I had my annual check-up in April. 

Good to hear LMH is doing well, ale. I haven't been in touch with her lately. Which I feel a bit bad about, so it's about time I reached out again :)

Ale: Any idea how long the shin woes are likely to go on?

Hope it stays dry for your group run, Hazel

Hubby had his second Covid jab today. He got Moderna. First was AZ but apparently they don't use that any longer over here. Massive queue at the vaccination centre. Took forever. But glad he's done now. 

• Mine is just routine chick, mind you GPs don't see anyone in person at the minute here. In and out pretty quickly, will see Rosie later for a run.
    Is that you both double jagged?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - any news re shin?
    Els - good luck with the scan

What - club night , 12x500 loops, steady pace, last 100 of each as faster strides
    Why - marathon set 
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - reckon tonight may take it out of me
    lyric - think so

• More upbeat approach from physiotherapist (non-NHS) today: moving forwards with Pilates ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Good news, OH! Hope that the Pilates helps!

Thanks everyone for asking about shin! Unless I am lucky I won't get the scan results for two weeks. The initial diagnosis is that the tendon on the outside of shin bone has issues! Possibly an overuse injury although the consultant thought that I had re-built sensibly, but we never know when too much is too much. I also neglected to do as much stretching, particularly regarding ankle flexibility. He also thought that off road, rutted, uneven ground may be a factor. We will never know. No timescale as yet but I will be talking with a physio later this week. In a week or so I should be able to run on the anti-gravity treadmill, off-loading a fair amount of bodyweight! I also need to stock up on frozen peas...

THe sun came out, but it was too late to go to cricket. Perhaps tomorrow.