Friday 9th July 2021 Straight into your arms,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Straight into your arms,
I feel you,
I hope you comprehend

Today's are from a chorus. Yesterday's were Stars, by Janis Ian. Similar today!

What: hope to find time for a few stretches

Why: work then cricket may interfere.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Can you do a few discreet stretches at work or at cricket Ale? Sounds like your physio has a good plan until the scan results come in.

Forgot to wish Dustin a nice break - he probably won't read this anyway then.

What: recovery - maybe a short cycle to and from the run
    Why: hard run yesterday, weather might allow 2 wheels again today
    Last hard: did my 4 LT yesterday once the rain had eased off - timed it well.  Was a good hard though and has given me a bit of confidence back to run hard
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Lyrics...afraid no again!
    Day off...baking shopping bit of housework and picked up new shoes. Altra...new brand for me! Nice wee trial run in them ...3.5 m beach reps plus to beach and back..so far comfy.
    Enjoy the cricket and do your exercises Ale!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    I know these lyrics today...
    els lovely when new shoes are comfy!
    hazel hope you enjoyed your run
    Dustin and hope you enjoy your break
    alehouse enjoy the cricket and hope you get some stretches in

WHat: busy so far and do not fancy going out anymore so treadmill soon
    why: race tomorrow so I am not wanting much
    last hard: yesterday late afternoon!
    last rest: 4/7
    have a good weekend all, off to see my mum so may not be on 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being AWOL. My sister-in-law passed away unexpectedly. We weren't particularly close but her son completely lost it so a bit of family emergency time was required. It may sound harsh but it was probably self-inflicted. She went a bit crazy in Covid times and turned into one of those anti vaxxers changing her diet to some weird hawthorne-juice based thing and I think she starved herself to death while believing the juice was all she needed to boost her immune system...

Sad.

Anyway, so football may be coming home then :) Crossing my fingers.

Are you benched, ale?

Good news regarding the shoes, Els

Nice LT work, Hazel.

Yes, I did run 5k yesterday. Thanks for asking :) So far, so good. It will be a long journey back to speed but the endurance is there which is a good thing. Gym today. Plan is to not run on consecutive days just yet. I'm also seeing my consultant next Friday, just to be on the safe side and because I have a bit of foot paranoia.

Have a good weekend, all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, Chick, I seem to have taken your place on the bench. I hope that I can emulate your non-running exercise in part, at least! And I  aim not to be warming the bench for too long!

Emz?

Glad that you know the lyrics, Wabo. I'm sure others will as well once revealed!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness chick that's awful. What a thing to do!! Terrible for the family I'm sure.  
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Chick that's so sad especially if it was avoidable.
    Good 5k though!
  • Full day's GP work with a bit of Pilates over lunch break.
    Early days but feeling a little bit more optimistic ...
    Sad news Chick
    Lyrics no