Sunday 11th July 2021 I've paid my dues

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime

Wonder if this will be sung at around 10 o'clock this evening!

Yesterday's were Dancing in the Moonlight. Most people will know the Toploader version, although that is a cover.

Great photo, Wabo! Looks like you are enjoying the race far too much!

What: hopefully fitness suite

Why: didn't go yesterday

Today's lyrics are not "space" related!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Off to the fitness suite with you Ale..  :p

Great photo indeed yesterday Wabo, you aren't enjoying that at all! Well done.

What: MLR bit later
    Why: need to finish digesting breakfast first (late start due to bad night's sleep)
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Upps - just bought new shoes and socks (existing ones are pretty ratty and would mostly clash) and signed up for an autumn mara.. Hope it will actually take place but I won't loose the money as start place is deferrable.  
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hiya
    Wabo - lovely pic!
    Ale - did you make the fitness suite?
    Hazel - hope the MLR went well

What - long hill climb & ramble 
    Why - trekking
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - bits of today
    Not a run but a long hike. Up a big hill and back thru the woods. I am convinced some of these paths have not been trodden before: 7 ft high brambles, broken burn crossings, no waymarkers (so climbing over fences) and 4ft tall grass!
    Good fun though.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Well done yesterday. That's a great pic with both feet in the air and that lovely smile 👍🏻
    I'm the same nervous wreck before races 😊

Enjoy the hiking, Dustin.

How did your MLR go, Hazel? New shoes and marathon plans sound great. I very nearly signed up for a half in June 2022 as they had an early bird offer until Friday but then thought nah, I want to build back slowly and sensibly. Who knows when I will feel like racing again 😉

Sorry to hear you're benched, Ale. Hope it's not for too long.

Yes to lyrics. I'm crossing my fingers 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Ran 5k yesterday and went cycling today. Nice route in the woods and we went blueberry picking. I made some jam 😋💙
  • Bit of Pilates and swim, watched tennis.
    May attempt a run again tomorrow depending on how I feel
    Nice photo of Ailsa, Dustin
    Good harvest and home producing, Chick
    One side or other will be entitled to sing lyrics late today, AH

An interesting concept that England is petitioning to have a bank holiday on "The Twelth" ;)