Monday 12th July 2021 Oh, you'll all know my wee brother

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Oh, you'll all know my wee brother
And his name is Jock McGraw

Sports related, as I guess yesterday's were: We are the Champions, Queen. As OH said, one team will be singing this and some Italians probably still are this morning. A disappointing game from an England perspective, not just the penalties. 

What: fitness suite, perhaps

Why: still not been. Chose to mow the lawns yesterday instead. Good decision as it is raining! 
My M76 friend  has just run past my house; think it will be a while before I join him.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Think England peaked at the Denmark game. So sad but penalties are horrible
    Alehouse of that most be hard to see your mate run by. I hope you're ok
    Lyrics I do know the tune, in not sure Italy well sing it? Confused lol
    What 3ish this morning
    Why needs to 
    Last hard Saturday for sure
    Last rest yesterday
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Italy will be singing yesterday's, Wabo!
    Enjoy the 3!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh I see!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning..

Ouch to the footie, hopefully not too many sore heads this morning.

Lawn mowing seems good cross training Ale - my neighbour is currently busy below my window and looks like she is working quite hard.  You could ask M76 to take a different route for now?

What: short recovery (5k) done before brekkie and work
    Why: initially hot later and bad weather this evening so prudent to get it done before both
    Last hard: yesterday's MLR (just short of 15m) - went out too late and it was hot and humid.  Also got sunburnt (grrr, remember the suncream next time)
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

16 degrees and hasn't stopped raining! So, fitness suite it was, and a decent session of stretches.

Jealous of your need for suncream, Hazel! Hope it isn't too wet north of the border for Dustin!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - 15 is a decent MLR (I'd call that an LSR!) - ouchie with the sun burn
    Ale - I sense your frustration at being benched
    OH - well spotted, staying just a few miles away (nr Dailly)

What - 8.5 mile steady run on the back lanes
    Why - outrunning the flys!
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - today really, aimed to push the pace a little on the hills
    No rain here as yet - in fact today was toasty. Lovely walk around Culzean Castle

• I spotted Ailsa too Dustin! Hope you're enjoying your hols!
    Hazel, hope I can also do a longish one tomorrow but have to be finished in time for dentist.
    Ale - sad to see friend run by when you can't!
    Wabo, great racing and photo!
    3m loop after frustrating work day - another go in to do a clinic and find they have cancelled my list and room! Fortunately got something sorted but getting fed up!
    After watching nearly 4 hours of tennis yesterday couldn't face football too!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I imagine that was Els posting in disguise!

Still raining! Glad you stayed dry, Dustin! And yes, I call Hazel's MLR an LSR!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Shame it didn't work out for England. Those hooligan scenes afterwards we hire to watch 😢

Well done on a hot actress humid run, Hazel. I blame P&D for calling 15 miles an MLR. It's definitely LSR territory ;)

Frustrating to see other runners while you're benched, ale.

Glad you managed to sort something out at work, Els. Still a bit of a shambles.

Flies are such a nuisance in summer, Dustin.

I ran 2 miles to the lake, jumped in for a swim and ran back again. Boy, it's hot right now!