What 5k all alone
Why mate just blew me out
Last hard last night's race, post later
Last rest Tuesday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I'm sure that I should know these lyrics!

And looking forward to hearing about yesterday's race, Wabo!

What: fitness suite 

Why: all I can do. Whilst shin is considerably better I don't want to risk running yet. 

Yesterday's lyrics were Dreadlock Holiday, 10CC
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

oh yes - we like race reports Wabo.  Sorry your mate blew you out this morning.

Good news regarding the shin Ale.  Know what you mean about the motivation to do streching.

How is the flooding situation up your way chicksta - any issues?  Looks pretty nasty further south and plenty of water to move northwards yet from here.

What: 10 miles GA pace
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: nope
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Race report, Olympic park chase the sun series 5k last night. I met my mate Louise in a car park so we could jog to the start, the start turned out to be 1.6 miles away and Louise thinking we might be late set off at a pace that felt like racing not warm up for me!! She lost lots of weight and is running so well. Anyway we got there on plenty of time, of course! Then headed to the start after about 20 mins of chatting. The thing about the covid style of race is you just set off on dribs and drabs no idea who's what pace unless you know them. Two laps and quite flat really. I felt ok and came in 8secs over 30mins. Very hot! Beat a few who started near me! First my cat, out of two lol
    Then after cheering people on we had to hear back to the cars!! Lots slower but when I'd run in total 10k I was done! So we walked the last quarter of a mile. Shattered
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So today my recovery went like this 1.14 mile feeling tough. Stop on the corner think, it's lyla's birthday I'm going to jog to them and walk. Met them after another .85 mile. Very happy to see me and Lyla walked along singing happy birthday to me!! Saw them in to school then I did another 1.1 miles
    All in all quite nice!! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That sounds like a perfect outing today, wabo. And well done on the hot race yesterday. 
    Heat is definitely not my weather.

Good news that the shin is improving, ale

Hazel: thanks for asking. We are very lucky here with just the odd shower. The Southwest is really badly hit. 

Saw my foot surgeon today and told him about my post-Covid jab foot paranoia. I told him he was not allowed to laugh at me (he didn't) and said OK, if it makes you happy, let's do another xray. Turns out that it's textbook healing. Couldn't be any better. So whatever pain I think is there is definitely not related to any bone issues which is a massive relief.

I think my run-swim-run combo is a nice thing to maintain while it is so hot. Did it again this morning. Absolutely lovely. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

That sounds good news with the foot, Chick! Not such good news coming out of Germany re the torrential rain and flooding. Glad that it hasn't impacted on you. 

And yes, a good way to recover from the race, Wabo! But a shame about those pesky 9 seconds!

Enjoy the 16km or so, Hazel!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale good news shin is improving!
    Good run hazel!
    Wabo, sounds like a good race and good age group win and the chilled next day run sounds ideal!
    Chick - missed out on what happened after covid jag. Glad all is well anyhow!
    8m run with friend this morning, good to catch up after a few weeks of not seeing each other then outdoor yoga at sports centre. Tough session, we could barely manage the half mile jog home!
    Walk up the hill with another friend this afternoon, catchup day!
    In between a bit of housework prior to family arriving Sunday.
    Lyrics no.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely x Ray chick and glad it's good!
    Busy busy els!
    Just having a prosecco, oh got a rise today and company van 😄
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    You all will know the lyrics
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - well raced
    Ale - fitness suite is better than nothing, running again soon?
    Chick - good news with the foot diagnosis
    Els - more decent miles
    Hazel - how did the 10 go?

What - 4.5 miles along the river in Belfast!
    Why - overnight stay in NI, seemed rude not to take in some views
    last rest - yesterday in the end, after a ferry crossing and a mooch round, decided for a few beers before dinner rather than a few miles!
    last hard - fitting runs in around putting feet up!
    lyric - possibly