Saturday 17th July 2021 Thank you for coming home

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Thank you for coming home
Sorry that the chairs are all worn

Re the lyrics, what we want plenty of in the Olympics! And go for it today, Wabo! Lots to chase!

What: stretches

Why: not running. Both shins are painful after more walking than usual and being on my feet all day yesterday. 

Cricket again this evening.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics - no.
    Sorry it's dragging on Ale.
    Chick\Hazel - terrible flooding with you, hope the floods subside. 
    Dustin - enjoy rest of your hols! Doing some good running too.
    Wabo, best with the race.
    Terrible run yesterday, going to do beach reps again but tired legs\v strong winds and gave up after a couple of miles and jogged home! It's billed to get up to 43mph this morning when running with some friends. Ouch!
    Peter off to marshal first parkrun in 15 months. Orkney and Bressay (shetland) first to come back. I will take my turn in 2 weeks time.
    Excited about family coming tomorrow but apprehensive about their long drive.
    Enjoy the cricket Ale!

• 100th Kirkwall parkrun (after a break)
  • Very breezy 8 miles round Deerness. 
    Time for some baking!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    So nice to se parkrun pics again. We're restarting next week 🙏🏼

Enjoy the family time Els/OH.

Bad news about the shin, ale. I had hoped you'd be on the mend by now.

Hope wabo had a good race.

5 mile run this morning. Quite windy. And hot. But I'm not complaining 😊
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Baking ongoing here too (Apricot flan, bread).  Trousers well coated in flour as usual.

Sorry to hear about the setback Ale.  

I guess terrible runs do happen to all of us every now and then Els.  Glad you didn't get blown away this morning. 

Great to see parkrun returning locally OH with a nice round number and well done for volunteering.  Like yesterday's swimming pic.

I hope you had a good race Wabo - looking forward to hearing about it.

Good mileage already chicksta - maybe another of those run-swim-runs?  Shame about the yoga.

Travel home well today Dustin.

What: 4 miles recovery this morning.
    Why: long tomorrow
    Last hard: humidity was ridiculous - with a tailwind I had sweat dripping off my chin (hmm - nice!), was very relieved to turn into the breeze.
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What Hazel said (apart from I'm not sure that Dustin will be home today!). And your recovery run sounds about right, Hazel! Hope that it is cooler and less humid on tomorrow's longer run.

Today's baking: a couple of French style apple tarts. Off to a barbeque tomorrow afternoon and I always get landed with the desserts. Also picked a load of gooseberries this morning so will do something with those as well, probably just a crumble. I also got flour everywhere. 

What: I stretched, but not very enthusiastically today! 

Shower then cricket. Current temperature is around 29.5. Hat and factor 50 I think.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Must be baking day on the thread! I am not covered in flour yet but will be preparing bread dough later so have that to come! 
    Has it stopped raining Hazel?

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Bit of  drizzle but no more Els. I fortunately live at the top of a big hill (+250m above the flatter bits) so am pretty unaffected. 

Wouldn't mind an invite to sample the baking Ale.. I would eat your goosberries straight off the bush though.  Seat in the sun for cricket sounds hard. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics yesterday were run for the hills, iron maiden
    Not a bad race but so hot!! So I started on the last group, mate Sacha 40 secs ahead of me. Took me an age but I did catch her and finish maybe half a minute before. I did catch others, not checked results. 54.35 for a hilly 5 miles forest race, not unhappy with that. Second in series is 14/8, try to beat that time. 
    Today's lyrics are familiar
    Wow park run pics!!! 
    Hazel glad you're on a hill, me too!! 
    Alehouse nice baking! Hope stretching wasn't too bad
    Hazel hope the recovery was alright and thank you for the points again
    Els and oh hope family get there ok
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can