Tuesday 20th July 2021 Rising up, back on the street

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! 

Lyrics: Rising up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances

Change of sport today; yesterday's lyrics were Queen with Bicycle Race

What: good question

Why: seeing consultant at 10.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Did know yesterday's and do know today's
    Good luck with the consultant alehouse

What 5 mile race this evening
    Why Elvis series
    Last hard yesterday early am
    Last rest 13/7
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Good luck indeed Ale - fingers crossed for good news.

Fingers crossed as well for you Wabo this evening - please take care in the heat.  Find the effort level which will allow you to get round and ignore the watch (should you wear one).

Sorry about your loss OH.

Sensible chicksta - you will be back to more successive days soon I think.

What: toughie - 5m @ LT became 4 @ LT (+ WU / CD)
    Why: if you will set off at 10k PB pace what do you expect... (slap! slap!).  Actually the legs would have done 5, the problem was the morning tea still in my stomach
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What Hazel said, Wabo!

Sounds a tough run, Hazel!

Consultant: can start gentle run/walk. Scan showed a minor muscle tear but he thinks it will be largely healed by now. Bones were fine, which we had been concerned about. Both Achilles showed issues, but no surprise there! Physio booked.

Gym now!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Sounds positive Ale.  Will you be using an anti-g treadmill?  I think you mentioned it at some point?

Need to stretch still today.. (yawn...).  Have done something the last couple of days at least.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh, thats good news ale! I guess all our achilles will show issues ;) 

Wabo: enjoy, if a race in the heat can be enjoyed. But like the others said, just take it easy. 

Hazel: Oh, I remember that feeling. I'm better off with an empty stomach tbh. But 4 miles @ a tough pace is good going. 

Strangely enough yesterday's lyrics came to me as I couldn't sleep last night  :D

And of course I know today's.

A little shy of 6 miles done this morning. Bit of respite from the heat surely helped. My pace seems to improve a bit too. It's still rubbish but it was the best pace to HR ratio yet and the longest run since my op. Fingers crossed. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good going, Chick.

What: fitness suite then 10 minutes gentle run plus two walk breaks

Why: I am allowed

Off to cricket for England v Pakistan shortly. Eldest should be going as I bought him a ticket for his birthday, plus I said I would buy the food and drink; unfortunately he is self isolating for ten days for the third time. As a teacher he is always at risk of being contacted by track and trace. A parent had sent a child into school knowing that they had Covid but didn't want them to miss the last day of term. Now over 30 children and staff miss the first ten days of their holiday. Should be prosecuted!
  • Possibly more of a release than a “loss”.
    I. had been a teacher with a very lively mind but suffered from severe dementia for the last years of her life.

walks with Ellie today.
    In Birsay (plan B) as there was no room on the ferry to Hoy.

pleasant enough day but no heat wave here
    lyrics no
  • Evening all.
    Lyrics yep.
    Ale good news on running soon...enjoy.
    Chick...good going!
    Hazel..always doing loads of hard runs!
    Wabo...lots of racing for you just now.
    Low mileage week for me. Work and 5k loop yesterday. Today lots of walks with Ellie and co and trip to the brewery for lunch. Saw a lot of puffins in Birsay surprisingly...they will leave in next couple weeks.
    Entered stromness 10k sat but will depend on what rest of family want to do if I actually take part. Lost confidence as no events done since Feb 2020!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - sounds good with respect to the running. A good day to watch cricket but a tough one that your son couldn't join in.
    From what I hear from club mates and friends, that sort of parental behavior is widespread...
    Hazel - good session
    Wabo - hope it went well
    Chick - all progress and moving in the right direction
    OH - sorry for your loss, even if it is a release its still a body blow when it happens

What - Club Marathon threshold set 2 x 16 minutes with 4 easy between each.  
    Pace not exotic (too hot) but still managed around 7:15s
    Why - club set
    last rest - last Wednesday
    last hard - that was
    lyric - yes

Back from a jaunt around the country, finishing with 3 days in Manchester with #2 offspring.
    Managed 3 runs in territory that Ale would know (Fallowfield): Short 5k around Platt Fields, then an 8 mile out and back (Eastbound) and 5 mile out and back (Westbound) on the Fallowfield loop - a former railway line, now a cycle path.
    And I thought it only rained in Manchester: was sweltering every day!