Wednesday 21st July - can you hear me

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Training
Lyrics 
Can you hear me? Can you hear me?
Through the dark night, far away
Oh sorry for your loss but understand what you mean about release
Mate who got me to enter race blew me out during the day. I was at work, no running clothes and the race was closer to my work. So I left work knowing id have to come back home then head out again. Drive home was bad due to a crash (I went long back roads to avoid). So in fact I didn't race or run!! I was a bit annoyed with my mate as I would have run first thing when it's cooler or taken running gear in so it was a quicker drive. Never mind
What forest run soon
Why cooler
Last hard Monday
Last rest yesterday
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse I'm gob smacked sometime would take their kids to school and know they're positive!!! Just selfish, your poor son and all the others!! 
    Dustin nice running signs like you had a good trip
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els if you can do the 10k you might find it fun. They do races in a way I feel more relaxed lately. 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Arrgh - that's annoying Wabo. 

Any grumbles from the shins this morning Ale?  That is really is crap for your son.  Will the contract tracing be maintained for now?  Seems strange to me if most other measures have been dropped? 

It will feel strange to pin on a number again Els. 

Good session in the heat Dustin. 

Good progress Chicksta.

What: recovery d&d before brekkie / work
    Why: hard run yesterday and trying to make it a habit of running early at the moment
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I'm sure that I should!

Sorry you didn't get to run, Wabo! I always keep spare kit in the car, not that it is suitable for racing. 

Pin that number on, Els!

Dustin: I am, of course, familiar with those routes! Often run on the "railway line" in winter with a head torch: safer than on the road as the only traffic is the occasional bike. Also good for speed work. Did you do the parkrun course in Platt Fields?

What: probably stretches and another short run

Why: necessary/allowed

Yesterday's lyrics were Eye of The Tiger, Survivor. The theme tune from Rocky lll.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - that is VERY annoying..
    Hazel - well done getting it done
    Ale - The railway seemed quite popular and yes, one guy was doing reps I think judging by some cones...
    I just pootled out and around Platt Fields, only found out later there was a PR there. Maybe next time.

What - easy miles
    Why - recovery
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - a week ago
    lyric - think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    did a mile warm up and then ran 5k on rides with friend, nice and cool in the forest!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin nice and easy!

Who will p ark run on Saturday?  I want t o but it is Lyla's b day party so I just don't know I can squeeze it all in
    hazel nice to get the run done early!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: 20 minutes very easy this morning, largely off road in the relative cool of the woods. 4 walk breaks. Hope that there are no repercussions.

Forest run sounds good Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yes wabo...don't know if I can squeeze in 10 either and always v competitive here.
    Nice day with Ellie and some friends of her mum's and her kids. She is now worn out! Ran back on trails from beach...only a 4.5m but no matter.
    Cooking duties now!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Very annoying, wabo but I guess it was just karma and you simply weren't supposed to race. 
    I was going to parkrun this week but they need to do some compliance stuff first so we are not officially allowed to restart. Hopefully next week. 

Sounds like a nice running area, Dustin

Great your streak is still going on, Hazel. Early morning is the only way to run in summer. A lie in usually bites you in the bum ;)

Els: What the others said. Go for it. 

Ale: No words for the stupidity of some people ...  :|

Very nearly ran again today but stayed sensible and went to the gym instead for some cardio and weights.