Saturday 24th July Tu pure, o principessa

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Tu pure, o principessa
Nella tua fredda stanza

Yesterday's were Jerusalem, England cricket's "anthem", and played at many other sporting events.

parkrun anyone, which restarts in England today?

What: short run, long stretch

Why: needs must

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Afternoon

Saw some parkrunning going on on strava.  No-one off of here though.

I joined you for the stretch earlier Ale - was only a short one though.

Ouch to the dentistry yesterday OH.

Hope the feet are ok today chicksta. 

Cooler today for you hopefully Dustin.

No racing for me tomorrow - but a long run with MP miles.  Nasty enough.

Currently dot watching Lakeland 100 (two guys from the P&D thread on Spring Marathon).  Male winner finished in a bit over 19 hours for 105 miles and nearly 7000m of ascent / descent....  Looks quite warm - there was a massive queue for water at one of the checkpoints.

What: 12k this morning
    Why: easy paces pace check recovery, long run 1, GA and one k at long run 2.
    Last hard: getting my laptop off of my OH - he wants to dot watch as well
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Much cooler here today, or so I thought until I ran. Decent stretching session then 20 minutes run, albeit stopping the watch four times for planned walks. Best that I have felt so far on the present comeback. Which means tomorrow will be rubbish! No shin issues so far.

Sounds like a tough run is planned for tomorrow, Hazel!

Off to trawl through the parkrun results!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good running Ale and Hazel and others yesterday.
    Lyrics no but had yesterdays.
    Last day with Ellie, they are off first thing tomorrow.
    Nervous about first "race" since aneurysm went pop but got together with Bev for the ride over to Stromness, met a few old friends who hadn't run for a while and settled in at the back.
    Run goes along the main street then turns back up some steep hills into the small roads above Stromness, does a loop then eventually descends to a flat half k back along the harbourfront.
    Picked off a few places going up the hills and then basically stayed in place apart from overtaking one guy until the finish though I thought the lady behind me might have had a fast finish. Relatively cool and little wind so good conditions and happy to finish in 56.32 ....about a minute slower than 2019 but OK with that everything considered.
    Quick chat with folk - runners and marshals and then headed up to Birsay to meet rest of family for cafe lunch.
    Back home for to bake cinnamon buns, take Ellie for a buggy walk as she was v tired and have a play with her.
    Maybe a trail run with friends tomorrow, we'll see!
  • Hard not being able to participate in Stromness 10k
    Last day with family home. Lunch out.
    swim while Ellie was being settled
    lyrics no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, Els! I understand your anxiety about racing. Really pleased for you.
    And hope you and OH are enjoying Ellie!