Sunday 25th July 2021 When you walk through a storm

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high

Yesterday's were Nessum Dorma, theme to the 1990 football world cup.
Same sport today.

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: needs must

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics yes.
    Waving bye to Ellie and parents before 7...lovely play beforehand though!
    Up the hill with 2 friends shortly...going to be bringing up rear!
    Enjoy the short one Ale...mine will be shortish.
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kVzSZ5hhxMc&feature=youtu.be

See if you can spot Elspeth

Lyrics yes

Double dip this afternoon.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I enjoyed that, thanks, OH! Probably more than number 73 did at the time!

Fitness suite and short run d&d.

Cross training in the garden shortly. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I note a particularly good marathon time today by someone who used to post on here lots and wish she still would! I have tried to persuade her but failed! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I missed yesterday. We did another long ride on our MTBs. I have to admit that I prefer undulating rough terrain to really steep mountains. I really am the world's worst downhill cyclist. Gobi would laugh 😆

Well done yesterday, Els. I wish I could still run 10k in under an hour.

Hope your MP run went well today, Hazel.

Intriguing, ale. I hope it's LMH. Last time she wrote running was still a struggle so it would be wonderful to know that things turned for the better.

Just a walk today. My right knee was grumpy and I didn't want to aggravate it.
  • Chick - I'm sure you could, I was reckoning on 1 hr 5 but pleasantly surprised. Mind you look so slow on that video! Biking tends to make my knee grumble more than running Chick. Hope it is OK.
    Very warm here, hope everyone is well!
  • Stromness 10k involves a significant steep uphill mile too
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Shame you have had to say goodbye to the family Els and OH.  Hopefully you will be able to see them more often now with the lessening of restrictions.

Thanks for the video OH - also liked watching it.  Yep - spotted Els.  

Good exercise mix Ale.  Sounds interesting indeed regarding the marathon.

Good biking chicksta - you are likely the second worst downhill biker - I will book that spot.  Crap braking techniques. Hope the knee isn't running related.  Give the speed some time - you will get back to it.

What: 16 miles with 10 @ MP.  My choice of pace was a bit over ambitious - doubt I would hold that but it is good to work out what could work in training.  
    Why: mara training
    Last hard: today - had the chance of a drenching this morning and warm, humid and sunny later and took the latter.  I have some races in August with potential for warm / hot conditions so might as well get used to it. Likely spent too much watching Olympics and LL100 yesterday evening.
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH - sorry to hear that you had to bid farewell to the family.
    Els - well done on the 10k, I’ll have to check the you tube clip.
    Ale - good cross training
    Chick - all good progress, well done!
    Hazel - decent session, we’ll done. The mara pace is always a tough one to churn out.

Busy weekend here: Saturday was 10x400 hill efforts followed by a long stint in the garden: post holiday weeding, grass cutting, hedge trimming plus some re pointing.
    today was 14 miles on trail/road, followed by the last of the gardening & a 5 mile walk with Mrs D. 
    Lyric - yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi all

So sorry I've been so AWOL again. I was trying to run 3 times a week, then we had the hot weather, so missed club last week. Made it up on Tuesday morning really early instead. Then was going to go again Thursday, then Lucas woke up vomiting. Spent the day juggling that and work. Thought we'd got away with it, but no, the worst I've ever felt and still not right.  Racing on Wednesday though so really hope I'm better by then.

Haven't really eaten in 3 days, not moved much from bed/sofa and typically it's been my 3 days off.  I don't think I want Norovirus again in a hurry.

How's your return to running going chick?

I hope it's lmh ale, I miss her.

Els well done on the race.

Wow hazel 10 miles at mp is good going

Hope everyone is doing well. I do mean to keep posting, but then it's somehow 10pm and I'm exhausted!

Hopefully I won't leave it so long again until next time
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you Emz! And get well quickly!
    I wondered if you would parkrun but I understand why not!