Monday 26th July 2021 The whole day through Just an old sweet song

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: The whole day through
Just an old sweet song

Not strictly sport related lyrics, but they were on my mind as a friend's daughter goes in the triathlon in the Olympics this evening! Go GT-B!

What: short run, some stretches

Why: current routine

Yesterday's lyrics were You'll never walk alone, originally from the musical Carousel but made more famous by Gerry and the Pacemakers, and a number of football clubs.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck to your friend's daughter Ale!

Busy weekend indeed Dustin.  You must have collected a number of brownie points with Mrs D. there.

Nasty emzap.  Please be careful regarding racing on Wednesday if you are not eating properly yet. 

What: short recovery, maybe a short trundle on the bike depending on the weather later
    Why: leg loosener (they won't enjoy sitting at a desk today) and collecting some brownie points with OH who I abandoned a bit yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest:30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ale interestingly I did do the test run for our local course last weekend as it's had to move location, so although I didn't run Saturday, I did parkrun this year (though not officially).

Hazel, I've just emailed to transfer my race place.

Still on the sofa but Lucas does seem better thankfully. Hubby well enough to work, but still not 100%

Ale good luck to your friend's daughter today.

I'm loving watching the Olympics.

Hazel sensible to run easy today after yesterday's efforts.

Have a lovely day all.
  • Emz - sound horrible, hope you soon feel better. All the other bugs are now making a comeback I guess!
    Good going as usual Hazel and Dustin.
    Not sure when we'll see folks again, some pressure to visit the family in Sweden and Switzerland which would be lovely but not that keen on going when we may get pinged while away or quarantined on return. Another good friend coming up here next week though.
    Quiet day today doing some baking this morning and Scapa loop at 5.30 which I would probably have skipped but as Peter is not running one of us should show - got a long run planned for tomorrow hopefully.
    Enjoy the run Ale.
    Lyrics, I don't think so.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 3k, largely off road

Why: longest continuous run for 33 days. So unfit!

Sensible re Wednesday, Emz!

Currently struggling with my oven; only about 6 years old but the element has blown again, fusing most of the sockets downstairs...again. Think that this will be the third time that I have replaced the part, if I can get it this pm.

The triathlon starts at 10:30 this evening: hope that I can stay awake!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done on the "long run" and hope you get the oven sorted. 
    Not sure I'll be awake for the tri but hope she goes well.
    Emz - pleased to hear thing improving at home
    Els/OH - agree it would be lovely to travel but the added risks of quarantine/isolating do make it a tough decision to make.
    Hazel - meant to say a cpl of friends headed to the Lakes last weekend. One guy - a 2.55 marathoner -  did the 50 in about 13 1/2 hours. Another attempted the 100 for the third time but bailed after about 75 miles. TBH I don't think he prepared as well as he should have: you need more than 25-30 mpw to take on a 100 miler in Cumbria!

What - lunchtime 10k 
    Why - back in London so return to teh flat tarmac 
    last rest - last week
    last hard - tbh today was "heavy legged" but effort wise, Saturday I guess
    lyric - not so sure today

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yay to a long run, ale 👏🏼 and thanks for the DM yesterday 😉

Good to see you em. Norovirus is so horrible 🤢 shame you're missing the Tage but not much point if you're poorly.

Hope you enjoyed your lunchtime miles, Dustin. 100 miles in this heat 🥺🤯 shudder. Although it's probably freezing in the Lakes 😉

Tough MP run, Hazel. My downhill braking technique sucks too. And I'm not very good at balancing. I also forget to have the pedals parallel so I tend to clip things with the lower pedal and come off the bike rather unelegantly 🤪

Pleasant 10k run this morning. It was warm and muggy and I didn't expect anything but ended up with my best run post op in 1:02. I take that 🤩
  • In awe of folk who do these 100 milers Dustin! Three of our club did Moray coastal 50m in 8, 8.30 and 9 hours respectively, it is pretty flat but still amazing times!
    Chick, see you'll soon be back sub hour for 10k!  As for me I'm happy not to do 10ks too often, kirkwall half is in three weeks, have history with that one with a damaged jaw and teeth after a fall but think I will cautiously attempt it!
    Tempted to watch the tri tonight now Ale but probably shouldn't!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Alehouse I must watch that tonight then!! Watched the men last night, I am watching all kinds of different sport!!
    Chicksta, so happy for  you!! Lovely job.  Ouch to the pedals not being parallel!!
    Dustin well done on the lunch time run, I was watching the forum on Fetch with interest about all those who were taking on the 50 or 100!
    Alehouse glad you are running! els it must be hard if you have friends and family abroad, I certainly do not plan anything abroad for some time!!
    emz, sorry to hear you've all been poorly
    hazel, hope you got your brownie points!
    What: slow 5k this morning 
    why: feel some mojo has returned!
    Last hard: that but fun
    last rest: saturday
    have a good evening all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Lazy afternoon for me after a (not busy) surgery this morning.
    Vaccinating again tomorrow morning.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I spotted els btw! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can