Tuesday 27Th July 2021 You're everywhere and nowhere, baby

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Training
Morning! Just!

Lyrics: You're everywhere and nowhere, baby
That's where you're at
Going down a bumpy hillside
In your hippy hat

Yesterday's lyrics were Georgia on my mind, Ray Charles.
And she was...
Triathlon Silver for Georgia T-B, despite a puncture! Brilliant!!!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Your friend must be over the moon Ale!  Will have a look at the triathlon later.  Well done on the continuous run and boo to the oven!  A bit of detective work revealed the marathon result you referred to - not bad, not bad at all ( :p ) considering injuries not too long ago.

Sensible to cancel that race emzap - hope you are over it 100% soon.

Good luck with the long run today Els. I should get myself over to see family in the UK but have similar concerns regarding international travel.

LL100 seems quite a beast Dustin - high dropout rate seems normal.

You will get that sub hour 10k soon chicksta. 

Good news on the mojo Wabo.

What: couple of solo miles + group
    Why: Tuesday - should be sociable again
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Alehouse wow how good was Georgia!!! What a come back and I bet many would have crumbled. I didn't realise it was 2k to go when the puncture happened!!!
    Lyrics yes
    Hazel enjoy both solo and group miles
    What 5k
    Why easy miles, racing tomorrow evening
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 24/7
    My aunt would have been 101 on Sunday so I  might try a 101 day streak in her honour😁
    Have a good day all, I'm off  to see Giselle who came home last night, such a tough cookie
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Still elated from Georgia's result earlier! Dad will indeed be over the moon! Doesn't seem that long since she was a toddler when I was part of dad's coaching team! Dad ran 1:47 for 800 and tantalisingly close to sub 4 minutes for a mile: 4:00.6. A couple of others quicker than him in the group though!
    Georgia's had quite a battle with fitness to get where she has: interesting read below!
    Georgia Taylor-Brown: Transcending the melee of madness (olympics.com)

Meant to say, I managed to replace the heating element in the oven without incident, to my surprise! 

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: ran "long" yesterday

Hope Giselle is still smiling, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - absolutely made up for your friend and a great result from Georgia!
    Wabo - a reason indeed to streak
    Hazel - hope the social run is fun
    Els -enjoy the longer run
    Chick - you're making excellent progress!

WRT to Endure/Lakeland I can see absolutely no appeal in trying to run 100+ miles in one go.
    I'm all up for multi stage events (e.g. Marathon Des Sables) but why anyone thinks running for 24-36 hours straight is a good idea is beyond me.
    I've done 40 & 50 mile ultras but if I start after breakfast I want to be done at least an hour before closing time....it takes all sorts though I guess!

what - club marathon session, lighter 8x100 hill strides
    why - Training group
    last rest - 18/7
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - yes

• Well done Georgia

Vaccination screening this morning (new system - don't like it)

Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: eating
    Why: not done it for a while (and still managed to lose 0 weight...I'm getting fed up of always gaining whatever I do)
    Last hard: 🤢
    Lyrics: yes

Ale that's an amazing result for your friend!
    Dustin I agree. A load of my club went and did a 24 hour run thing and though you rest in between you're still up and ready to run for 24 hours, not my idea of fun

Ditto about friends and family abroad...cautious still.

Wabo hope Giselle is ok

Have a lovely day all
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone

Hope you've all been keeping well - ill need to have a look through some of the old posts to see what's been going on.

Some fantastic performances already in the Olympics this year, been exciting to watch despite no crowd. Saw the lady's triathlon, amazing by your friend's daughter Ale. The ladies road cycle was very exciting, the mens cross county mountain bike and the mens triathlon also good to watch, and I've been quite enjoying the taekwondo.

I've finally managed to ease back on work a bit, so looking forward to having a bit of free time. Last few months have been busy, but running was progressing well. New 10k pb at the start of July (41:52, though I've only ever done one 10k race before) and I'll get a new parkrun pb in a week or two.

Dublin marathon cancelled, so now I have a local half end of August, then I entered the Manchester half in October. Going to aim for under 90 mins, though I'm not that sure I'll manage it

We've got rain forecast today - haven't seen any for weeks and weeks, it's been fantastic

Lyrics yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great to see you Chamolk! I'm sure lots of us have missed you! Glad work is easing! I can imagine it has been pretty difficult. Glad your running is going well, with more to come!
    Keep posting!

What: short run, long stretch

Why: as planned
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ale: Sounds like the triathlon was a nailbiter to watch. The time difference is doing my head in. Most of the stuff is streamed in the middle of the night and when you look for videos the title usually gives the result away. Maybe that's just crap German TV and the BBC does it better. I hope so :) 
    Glad you managed to fix the oven. 

Hey chamolk, very good to see you. I thought about absent friends the other day. Shame about the marathon being cancelled but probaby no surprise... congrats on your 10k PB. That's fast!!

Are you feeling a bit better, em

I'm with you on those ultra long distances, Dustin. While fascinating to watch the likes of Nikky Spinks it's clearly nothing I'd ever want to do. 

Enjoy the social, Hazel

101 day streak sounds like a good idea, wabo. Go for it. 

My 10k steps a day streak is likely going to come to an end this weekend when we have to drive to my SiL's funeral. I doubt I shall get much walking in and rather spend 7 hours in the car to get there. Today is day 136.

An hour of run/walk this morning. Didn't want to overdo things. So the running part was on grass. Still being rather cautious. 
  • Afternoon all!
    Chamolk, welcome back, shame about Dublin though I think many big races are being cancelled. Stirling marathon off and not sure if Loch Ness will go ahead. Great 10k PB!
    Wabo, glad Giselle is home - must have been a worrying time.
    Emz, eating is progress, glad to hear it.
    Ale - well done to Georgia, didn't stay up for it last night, is it on player as would like to watch it?
    Hazel -enjoy the group.  Where are your family? The latest announcement is that folk living abroad who have a gp in britain are now exempt from quarentining, but you can't have a GP here if you live abroad! No further forward!
    Dustin, I know what you mean about long ultras, quite like to be in bed at night but am in awe of those who do them!
    Legs felt feeble last night after 4 days running on the trot including the 10k, knew the long run would be tough and it was but just over 20m covered, I had time to do more before the bus home but no energy so had a cup of tea and an ice cream at the shop instead and a wee walk. Very misty for first 10 miles then a bit brighter. Don't know where I will find another 15 miles on the day!
    Chick, shame about the streak but guess it's not so important now you're running again. That's a long drive. My run was all off road apart from a mile at 3 miles in - it's impossible to do that bit off road I guess due to land owners not wanting folk on their ground.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Els, well done on the long run!
    I've yet to find the full replay of the women's tri. Only a short clip: 

Tokyo Olympics: Tom Dean takes gold, plus silvers for Duncan Scott and Georgia Taylor-Brown - BBC Sport

Scroll down and there is a 3 minute clip! Will probably be a longer version somewhere in the next day or two. If anyone finds one please let me know!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Ale - I watched the whole thing last night - on my TV, in the BBC iplayer app, its at the top of day 4 Olympics coverage, under "triathlon - women's race ". 132 minutes long, so it's got the whole thing (the winner was just under 2 hours IIRC) 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow busy today
    Oh I tell you Giselle's little sad face broke my heart. She can't say but her face said I'm unhappy and it hurts 😢. But I did get a couple of little smiles. She's just amazes me 
    I've watched Georgia again this evening alehouse, what a delight she is, have you watched in full now?
    Els well done on all that running! 
    Shame about the streak chick. Hope it all goes ok though
    Hi chamolk hope you're good

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can