Wednesday 28th July 2021 In the town where I was born

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea

New theme: colours. Easy one today and easy for others to set lyrics!

Yesterday's were Hey ho silver lining, Jeff Beck

Thanks for the triathlon tip, Chamolk!

What: easy run, easy stretch

Why: niggle avoidance and quite possibly rain avoidance!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good idea behind the streak plans Wabo.  Poor Giselle - speedy recovery to her. 

Georgia has good genes Ale. 

40-50 mile ultras sounds sufficient to me too Dustin (not that I have done one (yet?).

Good to see you back eating emzap.

Nice to see you again chamolk - well done on that 10k PB.  Shame Dublin got cancelled but you have plans for the HMs at least and a good goal too.

Family is in Northampton Els.  No chance of them coming here instead.  Well done on the long run.

Ugh to the long drive ahead chicksta - shame you will lose the streak.

What: 8k recovery
    Why: cut-back week
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - lovely to hear things calming down. Decent 10k time, should be there or thereabouts for the sub 90, nice to have a target after Dublin cancellation
    Els - epic with the 20
    Chick - that's a long drive, stopping for some leg stretches I hope!

What - easy lunchtime run. May venture up to the Olympic stadium, it's been a while
    Why - knackered. We merged club 100 hills with the regular session yesterday, so ended up doing 20x60s hard with 30s recovery. I forget how hard that session is...8 miles in total with w/u & c/d
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - naturally
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics yep
    Dustin enjoy the olympic park, there is a race there later.
    Hazel enjoy the recovery run
    alehouse enjoy that run and stretch

what: 5 cross country race later
    why: elvis series, uh huh
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest 24/7
    Mate has blown out, so glad I am home but I did have race gear in car if I went into work!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Dustin: I drive a Tesla so there will be at least one charging stop to stretch the legs ;) Mind you, those superchargers are insanely fast. So far we always had to rush our comfort breaks :) That does sound like a super hard session, no wonder you're tired. 

Wabo: good luck at the race tonight.

Hazel: Snap. 8k for me as well. 

Did you avoid the rain, ale
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Go well this evening, Wabo! Out of interest, are the Assembly League races up and running again? And hope that Giselle is back smiling. 

Good that you got 8k in, Chick! And yes, avoided the rain. Has been torrential since 1 pm although I can see sun beyond the next batch of black clouds. 

Enjoy your recovery run, Hazel!

Tough session yesterday, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Got out this evening, just as a torrential downpour started. 6.5 miles including 6x 60sec and 6x 30sec. Didn't think it would be too hard, but the water logged shoes were heavy, the clothes stuck to me and the road was soaking. Didn't quite hit the target pace at times, but a good session.
    45 mins easy yesterday.

Lyrics yes.

How was the race Wabo?
    Tough session Dustin
    Did you get to watch it triathlon yet Ale? 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Didn't race :-(
    Mate blew out but had a lot of stress late afternoon with son, Giselle is doing ok. Just my son stressing me with talk of getting a Belgian mallinois. He's never had a dog, has three kids. I just think it's not the best idea. Got myself so worked up, stupid really. So I just ran 2.75 miles local. Quite amazed I got myself out to do that really.
    Chamolk well done on that, I managed to avoid it! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Chicksta glad you did get out! 
    I mentioned mate twice lol, thing is if she hadn't I would have gone. Never mind